Spyder Garage

Default Preparing for stuck parking brake 2015RT - what's needed?

Have read other posts about parking brake not releasing. Getting ready for first road trip and want to be prepared for possibility.
    I have located PB cable at back wheel. If it won't release, do I use 12mm wrench (one wrench or 2nd one for backing?) to slide cable out of bracket to allow the brake to release? I see that the cable extends to release. Is there sufficient slack in cable housing to allow taking end of cable off the lever so spring can release the brake? Just let it hang or do I take off parts for rest of trip? What other tools needed for other parts removal? I can deal with what ever created the problem after return. Just don't want to get stuck on the road!
    TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT-S SE6
    Bajaron sway and billets, Bumpskid, Lamonster belt tensioner. Rear General Altimax 215/60R15, Front 175/55R-15 QUATRAC,
    Centramatic wheel balancers, FOBO2 TPMS, Comfort Seat w/backrest, Belt Guard, Brake light modulator
    Side mirror signal lights, Lamonster Magnetic mirror mounts, 7 Jurock w/flip, Floating foot rests, Voltage meter, LED fog and headlights, KOTT grills, side wind deflectors, Air Hawk x2, mud flap, Sena BT x2, Pedal Box, Laser alignment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Zip tie it to secure it out of the way. Enjoy the trip and ride safe. Good preplanning.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just went to Home Depot and bought 2 x 12mm for my kit; remember you need a Torx Driver as well to remove the cover (if it is on there) I think it is a T20 or T27 if I remember right. I just keep 2 multi tools with several different Torx and Hex heads with me in my kit.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-13-2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black