Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Follow-up report on my " Fahren " LED headlights

So I just got in from a "mid-night ride (70° F) and I don't have good night vision so having Excellent headlights is very important to me ..... I bought the " Fahren Forerunner LED 9005 " (Amazon doesn't have Numbers for their items - so you have to type in what I just listed) ..... These are actually a newer version of what I got 3 months ago ..... These are 16,000 lumens 80 watts and 6500 color temp ...... Also they have a BUILT-IN DRIVER and are Can-Bus compliant ..... for $39.99 w/free (non Prime) delivery. ..... They throw a long reach pattern (on low beam) that gives great vision to 250 + ft ..... when on High beam they go further and the spread is a bit better ...... For this price they are incredible ..... PS this isn't their Highest Lumen LED, but the others are more expensive ..... Enjoy .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-13-2022 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Corrected text & spacing confusion ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default Amazon Item Numbers

Hey Mike for future reference Amazon does have item numbers. It is the ASIN number referenced on every item sold on Amazon. I know this because I used to sell on Amazon. I am including a picture for reference. A disclaimer to note here. If you search on the ASIN for your bulb (B07NPMMNR3 in your bulbs case) several bulbs will be referenced. If you notice all of the bulbs on the results page are sponsored except your bulb. Amazon always lists sponsored stuff that is relevant to the description. So, I'm not sure how useful listing the ASIN is but it a little more specific then just a description. When I searched on your description there were 77 results (not counting possible sponsored items). When I searched the specific ASIN, there is one result (not counting the sponsored items). Also I may have picked the wrong bulb but I think I got the right one. Hopefully this helps in the future as I know you reference a bunch of stuff on this forum.

Amazon Example.jpg
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Hey Mike for future reference Amazon does have item numbers. It is the ASIN number referenced on every item sold on Amazon. I know this because I used to sell on Amazon. I am including a picture for reference. A disclaimer to note here. If you search on the ASIN for your bulb (B07NPMMNR3 in your bulbs case) several bulbs will be referenced. If you notice all of the bulbs on the results page are sponsored except your bulb. Amazon always lists sponsored stuff that is relevant to the description. So, I'm not sure how useful listing the ASIN is but it a little more specific then just a description. When I searched on your description there were 77 results (not counting possible sponsored items). When I searched the specific ASIN, there is one result (not counting the sponsored items). Also I may have picked the wrong bulb but I think I got the right one. Hopefully this helps in the future as I know you reference a bunch of stuff on this forum.

Amazon Example.jpg
    Thanks Dave , I appreciate your input on this ..... E-bay actually calls it the " ITEM " and assigns it a number to that specific item ..... when I typed what was in my thread I also got many, many choices however the First one was the LED I was talking about ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Just checked Amazon and did not see the Forerunner 16000 lumen listed at all.
    I ordered Farhen Scourge 9005, 18000 lumen $39 and change. Should get them tomorrow and will install this weekend.
    I will report back early next week with results. We were out after dark in Deadwood last month and the old leds really needed to be upgraded.

Ryde Safe, Rich and Rhonda
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure Mike ordered the Fahren Forenner 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs,12000 Lumens 400% Brightness 6500K Cool White, Upgrade Wireless 9005 LED Bulbs, Pack of 2 ASIN B0B5DH2V23 because Mike said "BUILT-IN DRIVER" and the others have an external driver. Mike's also doesn't have a fan while the others do. For the RT's crowded housing Mike's is the better choice unless you're up to a bit of filing, etc.

I went with 35W 4500K HIDs for the lower color temperature which is better in fog and rain. Much more complicated to install than Mike's LEDs.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mike ordered the Fahren Forenner 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs,12000 Lumens 400% Brightness 6500K Cool White, Upgrade Wireless 9005 LED Bulbs, Pack of 2 ASIN B0B5DH2V23 because Mike said "BUILT-IN DRIVER" and the others have an external driver. Mike's also doesn't have a fan while the others do. For the RT's crowded housing Mike's is the better choice unless you're up to a bit of filing, etc.

I went with 35W 4500K HIDs for the lower color temperature which is better in fog and rain. Much more complicated to install than Mike's LEDs.
    Well actually ( and I have similar memory problems ) ..... In my first report on this topic I had the OLD style Fahren Forerunner 16,000 lumen which separate driver .,.... in my follow-up above Fahren up-dated that model and HAS a BUILT-IN Driver now. The OLD fit OK the new one will fit easier ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

How is the cut-off pattern with those LED bulbs? I have not had a good experience.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yabbadabbadoo View Post
    How is the cut-off pattern with those LED bulbs? I have not had a good experience.
    Not ALL LED's are the same, I recommend the Fahren's ( the newest versions have internal drivers ) because I have bought and tested them ....If your referring to the Fahren's. ..... I haven't had any issues - even the few times when I didn't lower the beams .....As I've said before , they have a good pattern and really throw the light down the road .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-08-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

WOW! What a difference, as I stated earlier I could not find the Fahren Forerunners on Amazon and got the Scourge 18000 lumen priced at 49.99 plus a 10 dollar coupon. Just got back from a cold test drive and could not be happier. The bulbs fit with ease and throw plenty of light down the road.

Question for Bluenight, did you adjust the bulbs to 3/9 as the instructions suggest or 6/12. I maybe over thinking but would like to optimize these as much as possible.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question How did you do it?

rmag -- congratulations on your improved lighting!

Could you tell us how you fit the external drivers into the RT light housing. Thanks.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Hey Bert, there is plenty of room to tuck the drivers into the housing.