Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I would love to help you resolve this issue, if possible. Can you tell me if you got the Original or the Ultra bar? Sway bar kits were installed by SpyderPops, Lamonster and my tech (Daniel) using Lamonster's lift. Do you know which of these installed your bar kit?
    I looked up our orders with that email and we're not showing that we installed it. My next question would be is if they had any other work done like fender lights. If so it is possible a wheel was removed and the lugs were not torqued down. I doubt it has anything to do with the swaybar.
    Last edited by Lamonster; 09-15-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    Is it possible the heim joints on the bar ends are seized?

Not only NO, But HELL NO!!

Seems like a big lack of information from the OP for some reason, Let's get all of the informtion first.

T.P.
    I have seen them seized on several cars when I was working in the industry! The ones on my F3S were rusted (and it never sees water!) and were VERY tight and I had small vibs from it til I lubed and freed them up.... Now ya know! ;-)

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

My End Links began making a popping sound when I would get on the Spyder until I removed and lubricated them. That was a few years ago now.
    2015 Spyder F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Now ya know! ;-)
    The OP is talking about a new swaybar and link install, Still a big lack of information from the OP

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for providing me with suggestions. A special thanks to BahaRon and Harvey from SpyderOps. It’s nice to know there are still people and businesses who are committed to excellent customer service. I took the bike to Lamont of Lamonster Garage, another example of superb customer service. I wish I had known about them when I first purchased the bike. Lamont rode the bike and said it rode like a tire was out of balance. My bike has 20,000 miles and the front tires are cupping. As Harvey explained it to me, the sway bar increases the contact of the tires. Basically my little shake I had always noticed became more prominent with the sway bar. Today I’m getting all new tires and an alignment. If you’ll indulge me, I have one more question. For any of you who have the stage 2 Elka front and rear shocks, is there a notable difference in the comfort level of your ride vs stock shocks?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RealJule View Post
    Thank you everyone for providing me with suggestions. A special thanks to BahaRon and Harvey from SpyderOps. It’s nice to know there are still people and businesses who are committed to excellent customer service. I took the bike to Lamont of Lamonster Garage, another example of superb customer service. I wish I had known about them when I first purchased the bike. Lamont rode the bike and said it rode like a tire was out of balance. My bike has 20,000 miles and the front tires are cupping. As Harvey explained it to me, the sway bar increases the contact of the tires. Basically my little shake I had always noticed became more prominent with the sway bar. Today I’m getting all new tires and an alignment. If you’ll indulge me, I have one more question. For any of you who have the stage 2 Elka front and rear shocks, is there a notable difference in the comfort level of your ride vs stock shocks?
    If you still have OEM Kenda tires on your Spyder .... be advised Kenda has the Highest DEFECTIVE Tire ratio of ANY tire I have ever heard of. ..... You state the Spyder has " stage 2 Elka shocks front and rear " ....WHY ???? .... Folks usually buy them to STIFFEN their suspension. .... this will decrease the comfort level .... it's a tradeoff some folks accept ... Cadillac's have a comfortable ride - Race cars don't..... it's that simple ...... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RealJule View Post
    As Paul Harvey would say, And now the rest of the story,

T.P.

Spyder Garage

As far as the stage two shocks, they have all of the adjustment on them to make the bike ride any way you want it to act!! I put them on to get rid of the body roll, it feels a lot more planted in the corners than it ever did with the stock shocks, and I have the options to soften the ride as much as I want, versus the crappy klick up and down! I put a Sway bar on first, that made a big difference, year later, shocks, another change for the good, now next season I will drink the Kool aide that Mike is serving and put some car tires on for the cherry on the top, and go hit some twisties in Tenn!!! P.S, I know Mike you're going to tell me I did it @#$ backwards, but I know what I like as far as handling and I am getting it dialed in to my comfort!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    As far as the stage two shocks, they have all of the adjustment on them to make the bike ride any way you want it to act!! I put them on to get rid of the body roll, it feels a lot more planted in the corners than it ever did with the stock shocks, and I have the options to soften the ride as much as I want, versus the crappy klick up and down! I put a Sway bar on first, that made a big difference, year later, shocks, another change for the good, now next season I will drink the Kool aide that Mike is serving and put some car tires on for the cherry on the top, and go hit some twisties in Tenn!!! P.S, I know Mike you're going to tell me I did it @#$ backwards, but I know what I like as far as handling and I am getting it dialed in to my comfort!
    You are going to like the last Kool-Aid booster shot when you get car tires. It's a Trifecta! (Which most people know as Three Wins in a Row!)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you still have OEM Kenda tires on your Spyder .... be advised Kenda has the Highest DEFECTIVE Tire ratio of ANY tire I have ever heard of. ..... You state the Spyder has " stage 2 Elka shocks front and rear " ....WHY ???? .... Folks usually buy them to STIFFEN their suspension. .... this will decrease the comfort level .... it's a tradeoff some folks accept ... Cadillac's have a comfortable ride - Race cars don't..... it's that simple ...... JMHO .... Mike
    It’s horses for courses, Mike, and I believe RealJule is only “looking” at getting Elka. My aftermarket Ikon front and rear shocks most definitely have NOT made my suspension stiffer. I have them on a setting where I have the perfect combo of comfort and stability. They are most definitely more comfortable than the stock shocks which came with my RT……..but of course, I COULD dial them up to be as stiff as a board.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Ahhhhhhhh. The missing piece of the puzzle, RealJule…… you already had a small shake before you added the new swaybar. Great to hear it has been solved for you Thanks for letting us know…..and yes, Lamont, Ron and Spyderpops are as customer focused as you will ever find.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I must say that your problem reminds me of..................................ME ! Take a look at my post of 9/3/22 "Replaced Brake Rod " and understand that I was a racing mechanic for 40 years then look at my follow-up reply post of 9/11/22. LOL at myself ! cheers Mate

Spyder Garage

Going out on a limb here. Check to see that the installer correctly tightened down the bolts that hold the sway bar in the frame channel. Being installed at a rally sometimes leads to being rushed and that's how mistakes are made. If those bolts were accidentally left loose the bike would ride almost as if it didn't have a sway bar.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Going out on a limb here. Check to see that the installer correctly tightened down the bolts that hold the sway bar in the frame channel. Being installed at a rally sometimes leads to being rushed and that's how mistakes are made. If those bolts were accidentally left loose the bike would ride almost as if it didn't have a sway bar.
    RealJule writes above that Lamont has taken it for a ride and reckons one of the tires is delaminating/shot……the sway bar has simply enhanced that issue, Jetfixer. New tires on the way

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Just bought my 2019 F3L less than two months ago. It had the Baja Ron swaybar already installed. My wifes 2018 F3L was her second Spyder in 2018 (she bought the F3 originally and then wanted the bags a few months later so hence the trade in). We put a Baja Ron swaybar on the F3 and she said it was night and day difference in the handling and the way it "sticks" to the road in turns. When we upgraded to the 2018 F3L a few months later we immediately put a sway bar on it and she said the same thing. A year later I came across a great deal on used Elka front and rear shocks and put them on her bike and she has said numerous times how better and different the ride was (not so much commenting on comfort but how well they handle in curves and road conditions) So when I got my 2019 a couple of months ago I was pleased that it had a Baja Ron swaybar and links already installed. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago at Lamont's "Spyders in the Ozarks", John from Elka shocks was there offering free installs of shocks if you bought them at the event. Unbeknownst to me my wife had already decided to get me the front Elka Shocks even without knowing they were a free install. John did a presentation at Lamont's and I later had several long conversations with him about the Elka Shocks.

Here is the condensed version of what he said.
    1. If you have a swaybar it will make the ride better but honestly the swaybar does what the shocks would do. (NOTE:..after a long twisty ride without the shocks and just the swaybar, and then another long twisty ride with the swaybar and the Elka shocks it was a HUGE difference and I told John.... he laughed and told me that he also knew it would be a big difference but each person has a different point of view, so he just tells them that the swaybar does what the shocks should do and vice versa). Again for both me and my wife it made a HUGE difference with the sway bar and then adding the Elka Shocks.

2. The rear Elka shock does NOTHING for handling. It is there (on my F3L) for passenger comfort and helps with the bounces etc. He said to NOT get the rear shock until my OEM one goes bad and then to get one because I would find that the cost of the OEM was not far off from the Elka. This made it easy for me to just get the front shocks. I absolutely do not regret getting them.

Hope that helps
    John
    Last edited by Revrent; 09-28-2022 at 07:41 AM. Reason: ...hn,,,,,h... - ...hn.... h... so text to voice s/w will read...