Way2Fast

Default Spyder B.E.S.T. Warranty

I just arranged for a super discounted price on the BRP three year extended B.E.S.T. warranty. This is a 36 month extension to the 2 year warranty that came with your Spyder. The warranty lists for around $1200 and the best price I could find on ebay is $899. The BRP dealer I found will cut that price by over $200 !! If interested please send me a PM to obtain the dealers name, phone number and contact info.

Spyder Garage

Great timing for this post. Good job finding and sharing it.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast View Post
    I just arranged for a super discounted price on the BRP three year extended B.E.S.T. warranty. This is a 36 month extension to the 2 year warranty that came with your Spyder. The warranty lists for around $1200 and the best price I could find on ebay is $899. The BRP dealer I found will cut that price by over $200 !! If interested please send me a PM to obtain the dealers name, phone number and contact info.
    Called him, nice guy. Unfortunately needs to be in state or originally bought from them. He recommends Western Service plan. Everyone I talk too says you need to get the plan from your dealer you bought from, mine is Hahms and I do not want anything to do with them
    Does anyone know about Western Service vs BEST ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Smokster,

I have been talking to some other members that have purchased their BEST warranties from other dealers, including some that were out of state. Draboo just purchased his from a dealer in Hayward, California. I received a quote last night from their finance manager and I think Draboo has found a hidden gem!

I have not included the dealer's name and price because I am not sure if it would violate one of the site's rules. If you want to know the information, send me a PM and I will give you the contact information and what they quoted me.

This is strictly one owner helping another!

David

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    Called him, nice guy. Unfortunately needs to be in state or originally bought from them. He recommends Western Service plan. Everyone I talk too says you need to get the plan from your dealer you bought from, mine is Hahms and I do not want anything to do with them
    Does anyone know about Western Service vs BEST ?

I just got off the phone with the dealer. They are looking into the matter. We hope to get it straightened out. I will advise what the outcome is. I'm looking for an extenderd warranty on my Spyder and the offer that was made yesterday seemed hard to beat.

Way2Fast

I got the scoop....seems that the info I was provided with yesterday was not entirely true. The $695 warranty price only would apply to those who purchased their Spyder in the last 60 days. BRP charges more for their coverage once over the 60 day cut off. They add on an extra $75 (retail) for every year of coverage beyond the original factory 2 year. So a 3 year extension would add another $225 to the MSRP of the warranty. The best price my dealer could do on the warranty for those who owned their Spyder over 60 days is $875. The dealer is making a $100 profit when selling it at this price. The new price is still better than what the dealer on ebay is selling them for. This should be a wake up call to those who just purchased a new Spyder....buy a warranty BEFORE 60 days pass by !

The warranty can be sold to anyone. Not necessary to be in the dealers home state. (Florida has an ILLEGAL law saying owners have to pay full MSRP and buy from an in-state dealer. They forget that the USA has a free market economy where the market sets the prices , not the state !! To avoid the hassle, just have it sent to a friend living in another state. Once in your posession it gets honored by any dealer in any state.)
    Last edited by Way2Fast; 10-23-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Way2Fast,

Thanks for the update! This is starting to make more sense on what I am finding out. I just sent you a PM on my quote. I have not been able to reach the person at the dealer yet to confirm all the details. I will let you know more after I speak to her.

Great idea about dealing with FL, but wouldn't there be something in the law to prevent that?

David

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got the scoop....
    Great info . . . . I was wondering how that worked, I had only heard pieces - this pulls it all together.

Thanks,

Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Way2Fast & others:

I have found another dealer that has offered to sell the 36 month BEST warranty (over 60 days) for approximately $820 if I can get together a minimum of five to start off with and would be willing to continue to sell it at that price afterwards.

I am still trying to contact the other dealer that has quoted a lower price to confirm the details.

David

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by ntxYguy2009 View Post
    Way2Fast & others:

I have found another dealer that has offered to sell the 36 month BEST warranty (over 60 days) for approximately $820 if I can get together a minimum of five to start off with and would be willing to continue to sell it at that price afterwards.

I am still trying to contact the other dealer that has quoted a lower price to confirm the details.

David

The California dealer says that $749 is the price even for Spyders that are over the 60 day limit. I still think that they are overlooking something as my dealer says his cost on the warranty is $775.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Way2Fast,

The CA dealer is selling the 36 month BRP BEST warranty for $749. If your is older than 60 days, there is an additional fee of $75. This makes the total cost $824 if your purchase is older than 60 days. I did not have to pay any sales tax.

I am hesitate in posting the dealer's name because I do not want to violate any of the forum's rules. If Lamont will allow it, I will gladly post the dealer's name and contact information.

Once again, I am a owner that is trying to help other owners save money so that we can spend more on accessories!

David

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by ntxYguy2009 View Post
    Way2Fast,

The CA dealer is selling the 36 month BRP BEST warranty for $749. If your is older than 60 days, there is an additional fee of $75. This makes the total cost $824 if your purchase is older than 60 days. I did not have to pay any sales tax.

I am hesitate in posting the dealer's name because I do not want to violate any of the forum's rules. If Lamont will allow it, I will gladly post the dealer's name and contact information.

Once again, I am a owner that is trying to help other owners save money so that we can spend more on accessories!

David
    None of these dealers seem to agree on what the terms are. The CA dealer told me $749 this morning and assured me that was for vehicles over 60 days old. My dealer said BRP adds $75 for EVERY YEAR in the warranty....$75 x 3= $225 plus the $695 price = $920 but he would sell it for $875. Now you say the CA dealer wants to add $75 to the $749 price =$824....possibly the lowest price so far......but who can you believe? I do think that the dealer cost on the warranty is $775 and that's for one on vehicles over 60 days old.

BRP warranties are overpriced. A 72 month warranty for my Suzuki GSX650F is only $423, probably because they don't break as often.
    Last edited by Way2Fast; 10-23-2009 at 03:50 PM.

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

I just bought this one:

http://www.protective.com/DealerServicesPS.asp?id=205

My dealer talked me into it as having better coverage than the BEST, specifically that it covers gaskets and seals, and BEST does not. Also she claimed that they have had excellent service from them, no haggling.

Also, she wanted $1200 for the BEST policy (plus $100 for buying it after the fact so she was asking $1300), and this was $1000.

Just another option.

Mad Matt

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Way2Fast,

I would say make sure that you discuss the age of you with the dealer to make sure that both sides agree to the price. She charged me a $75 surcharge (my term) for my '09 SE5 purchased in Feb. 09 (past sixty days). I did not get the feeling that older s would have to pay any more than $75.

The other dealer that I was talking to offered a flat rate ($820) also (for over sixty days).

David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP warranties are overpriced
    I don't consider it overpriced when I factor my guess at failure rate, probability of failure and avg. cost of repair. Each person might want to consider these factors and determine if they want to pay now or pay later at a different price.

Notice that BRP continues to significantly increase warranty price since introduction of the Spyder. It is costing BRP more warranty payment $ to dealers than they planned as well.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default ntxYguy2009 count me

as one of the 5 you need. I have three spyders but the extension would only be on two of them. One is my test platform and I'm planning to put a GL1800 six in it. So I don't think I could get a warranty on that one. //Ken

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everyone,

Since the dealer in CA is matching the price without having to get a group together, I have decided not to persue the arrangement with the other dealer. If things change, let me know and I will open discussions with them again.

If you are looking for a great deal on the BEST 36 month extended warranty, PM Way2Fast or me and we will provide you with the contact information for the dealer in CA.

David