Spyder Garage

Default What a Great Spyders in the Ozarks rally!

What a great rally by Lamont, Joan, and their staff. BBQ, pie run, vendors. Great job to all! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Other than meeting our now great friends from Iowa several years back, we had a pretty bad experience on a guided ride at one of the first SITO rallies. But I think we're all thinking about going to it next year if they put it on. I think I counted 111 bikes leaving for the Pie Run....NO THANKS!!! But it sure is a nice area to ride.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    . I think I counted 111 bikes leaving for the Pie Run....NO THANKS!!! But it sure is a nice area to ride.
    I think 111 would have been a low count.

Edit: Now that I look at one of my drone shots maybe it was not as many as I thought. My mind had it pegged around 175 but that would have been high. Several groups had already left when I got this shot, but nowhere near enuff to make it up to the number I had in my mind.

DJI_0190.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-10-2022 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display + caps
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

We had a great time at the SITO RALLY at Lamonster Garage. This was our first time at this rally. We will definitely be back next year. Met some awesome Spyder Ryders from Springfield Mo, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Excelsior Springs Mo. A local Spyderlover, Larry, took a group of us on some awesome rydes down to Branson and the Peel ferry. A great Rally it was. I am sorry it is over and we have to go back home.
    A big thank you to Lamonster Garage and all the vendors that helped to make this such a Great Spyderlovers Rally.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-10-2022 at 11:36 PM. Reason: ,'s & ' 's ;-)
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

5 more years! I retire! Can we keep all these rallies going please? The best ones all seem to be in the fall and I only have summer off.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders In The Ozarks - 2022 Edition

When Lamont and crew decide to have a shindig! Will try and add some more pics over a few days.

vlcsnap-00000.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-13-2022 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

Pie Run

DJI_0190.jpg

Spyder Garage

Lamont and crew put on a class act this last week. It was great to finally meet so many that I've spoken to on the phone. Thank you for a great time Lamont! No one does it like you.

By the way, the pie was AWESOME! If you missed the pie run, you really missed a good thing.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This was my first SITO and it was great! It was fun to meet some of the ryders and vendors that are here. Beautiful rides as well! I will be back again!
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

A big thanks to ALL who made their way to SITO and to all the staff and volunteers that helped make this such a great event. Steve and Debbie, Jason and Michele, Claude, Marty and Rhonda, Elijah and Brian and of course my wife Joan and Jacob all worked their tails off to help me pull this event off. I couldn’t have done it without them. Love these folks

We enjoyed seeing old friends and making new friends. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and the weather was perfect. The only downside was we have outgrown the parking situation and we can only do so much with one technician. It was great to have John from Elka helping out with the shock installation and Brian doing the work of two good technicians. I helped as much as I could with some of the installs but still could have used another tech or two.

The pie run was a hit and so was the BBQ. We gave away some great prizes and and people loved riding in the Ozarks. We had a lot of help with the cleanup and folks were very excited about the event as a whole.

301606299_5651062668270291_1605544371646713952_n.jpg

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I missed it, I am planning trips for next year. Hopefully this will be one of them.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

This was my first Rally. I was a tad disappointed. People seemed to keep to their own little groups, and it was hard to get people talking. Was not nearly the vendors I was expecting. I thought the pie run was going to be a nice long ride. On Saturday me and the wife ended up just riding around roaring river, and Branson on our own up to the bike show. I expected the bike show to be in the evening so that the bikes with lights could be turned on.

So for me, It was ok. It just all seemed a bit disorganized.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    This was my first Rally. I was a tad disappointed. People seemed to keep to their own little groups, and it was hard to get people talking. Was not nearly the vendors I was expecting. I thought the pie run was going to be a nice long ride. On Saturday me and the wife ended up just riding around roaring river, and Branson on our own up to the bike show. I expected the bike show to be in the evening so that the bikes with lights could be turned on.

Keep going to them. Pretty soon you are part of many of the "groups". Sign up for rides or choose some of the preplanned routes and just wing it. I had a sore neck all week so I didn't get in as much riding as I wanted but I got to do something else I haven't done since my 20's. I said to heck with motels and decided to camp out.
    river.jpg

Spyder Garage

I see you're from Kansas, there was a good group there from the Kansas City Spyder Ryders there at the event. It would be a good idea to hookup with them so you could feel like you're part of a group.
    You're right about the vendors, I wish we had more. We had two cancel at the last minute because they couldn't justify the fuel and hotel cost for such a small event. It hard to get vendors to show up when there are only 500+ riders. The ones that did show up did well.
    The pie run was manageable with close to 200 Spyders. There's no way we could have made that a long ride with that many riders.
    Sorry you felt it was disorganized but I don't know what we could have done different. All the rides and events were well organized as far as I could tell. For sure there were some things we could have done better. The idea was to promote riding in the Ozarks and fellowship with like minded riders. I hope you at least had a good time riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think first rallies are either underwhelming or overwhelming, depending on your expectations. Every Spyder event is different, hosted by people for whom it is a labor of love I think. As a past event organizer, I can tell you that it's a lot of work and we as organizers hope for a good turnout and a good positive attitude from the attendees. We're there to put it together for you; what you do in terms of joining in the events and going with the flow and reaching out to strangers is out of our control.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

People seemed to keep to their own little groups, and it was hard to get people talking.
    My only GWRRA rally had the very same problem. After attending only the one “National” rally, I swore that I would NEVER attend another, and I haven’t, and now at an age approaching OLD, I have no intention of putting myself through another “lonely, painful experience”. Over the years I have attended many small, local rallies and had a great time.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Default Great event

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I see you're from Kansas, there was a good group there from the Kansas City Spyder Ryders there at the event. It would be a good idea to hookup with them so you could feel like you're part of a group.
    You're right about the vendors, I wish we had more. We had two cancel at the last minute because they couldn't justify the fuel and hotel cost for such a small event. It hard to get vendors to show up when there are only 500+ riders. The ones that did show up did well.
    The pie run was manageable with close to 200 Spyders. There's no way we could have made that a long ride with that many riders.
    Sorry you felt it was disorganized but I don't know what we could have done different. All the rides and events were well organized as far as I could tell. For sure there were some things we could have done better. The idea was to promote riding in the Ozarks and fellowship with like minded riders. I hope you at least had a good time riding.
    No excuses or apologies necessary. Judi and I watched Lamont, Joan, Jacob and crew work their buns off every day to make this SITO event a smashing success. Prayers are offered up by us that Lamont and Joan stay healthy for many more years of service to the Can Am community .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    5 more years! I retire! Can we keep all these rallies going please? The best ones all seem to be in the fall and I only have summer off.
    There’s always the Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally in July and Sturgis in August until then….
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What a great rally by Lamont, Joan, and their staff. BBQ, pie run, vendors. Great job to all! Tom
    The Pie was definitely AWESOME! I could have skipped dinner and just ate pie until I was sick!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

hi as one of the vendors id like to say thank you lamont for having us there and also to all the spyder ryders that came and supported us without support from the ryders us vendors would disappear and alot of events would decrease in size due to no vendors. well we hope to be back there next year and to all that didnt get a chance to come by theres mail order just go to our website merlinsblood.com..
    thanks again ev1.

r,
    jim booth

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.