Spyder Garage

Default BRP Go

Has anyone found anything useful on BRP Go? The mapping apps need a subscription, Cardo connect, I think, needs Cardo headsets (I have Seba) and the thing that reads your tire pressure requires $150 worth of sensors. I haves GPS and listen to Pandora through the speakers. What am I missing here?

Spyder Garage

Default Is BRP GO useful?

I set up brp go but don't see any use for it. The mapping apps need a subscription, the Cardo app, I think, needs Cardo headsets, I have Sena, and the tire pressure monitor needs $150 worth of tire sensors.
    I have a gps & use Pandora through the speakers for music. What am I missing here?

Spyder Garage

You're not missing anything. BRP Go is pretty much useless.
    For the amount you're spending it should have navigation built-in and be able to plug in a USB drive for music.
    A real disappointment.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-10-2022 at 09:26 PM. Reason: 're ;-)

Spyder Garage

It's useless! Way too complicated. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I disabled any connection to the onboard BRP apps, and removed the BRP apps from my phone too. They're useless. I have a garmin XT for navigation and route planning, and I have several music apps that I bluetooth to my helmet if I don't like what's on FM radio. In my opinion it was a huge waste of engineering for BRP. If it was remotely easy to use and didn't require apps, connections, syncing, and subscriptions, I'd consider using it.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I use it for GPS with Cygic all the time and works good. It takes a little time to learn how to use it but much cheaper then an XT and you get traffic and other options if your in a service area.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbern View Post
    Has anyone found anything useful on BRP Go? The mapping apps need a subscription, Cardo connect, I think, needs Cardo headsets (I have Seba) and the thing that reads your tire pressure requires $150 worth of sensors. I haves GPS and listen to Pandora through the speakers. What am I missing here?
    If you already have an external GPS that you use, and are not interested in buying FOBO, then Go serves little purpose, cyberbern. I recently tried it again to check how it operates after a few recent mods/updates, and it still has the cumbersome start up procedure, still takes a couple of minutes to come up to speed, and still has the very small Sygic display that is near impossible to see at a quick glance. Using the Spyder thumb button to navigate is often touted as a safety feature over the GPS, but in reality, you still have to look at that small screen to see the screen status. It is just as safe in my opinion to press a GPS button and see the screen display with ease, right in front of you, without really taking your eyes off the road. (My XT is mounted high).

My Zumo XT gives me a large, easy to read at a glance screen, automatic and immediate bluetooth connection to phone, helmet and GPS at startup, easy access to iPhone music, traffic and weather, easy route changes when you pull to the side of the road and auto notification via phone if FOBO detects a fall in tyre pressure. It also has no need to “control” your phone, so you can use any apps (after pulling off the road, of course) without losing the connection. For me, the choice is a no brainer. I’m sure BRP will eventually improve Go to a level where it better suits me, but I believe that is a way off yet.

Having said that, there are many out there who use and enjoy BRP Go. I can only assume they have NOT tried a GARMIN XT.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 09-11-2022 at 05:33 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have not heard much good about it so far.

Spyder Garage

Tried it and found it useless when compared to my mobile fone attached to the handlebars and plugged into a cable running from the little front glove compartment. I hope I didn't pay too much for That waste when purchasing the 2020 Ltd new.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-12-2022 at 05:45 AM. Reason: pluged - plugged ;-)
    There is usually another way. 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Agree Peteoz, a true safety hazard distraction. I have the BRP app on my iPhone, not sure why???? It will be gone. Seems we paid for something that is pretty much useless, but I am still quite happy with my RTL.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use it with Sygic for navigation, use the music ap to listen to songs off of my phone, and love Dash radio.
    I am very glad there is no built in GPS, my truck and car have built in GPS sytems and they have an annual update available with a $200.00 price tag attached to it. I myself do not want to pay that every year.
    The $39.00 per year update on Sygic is cheap.
    I have a garman, I find it is easier to use the Sygic when you set it up the way you would like it to be.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

It is somewhat cumbersome but IS NOT useless. I use mine for Sygic if I am out on a long ride. Then I use the music app to listen to music on my phone and monitor my FOBO's. For around town I just use Google maps on my phone and bluetooth Pandora.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

As a Newbie to the Spyder (just a couple of weeks now), I have to agree with what I've read here. A big to do about nothing IMO. I've found that if I just bluetooth my phone to the sound system, I can listen to iHeart radio, Pandora, whatever music APP is on my phone and that's really all I'm looking for. I hooked up the Go the day I bought the machine and everytime I tried to use the apps I downloaded from the Spyder interface, it kicked my phone off and had me seeing the apps on the phone screen instead of the dash.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    It is somewhat cumbersome but IS NOT useless. I use mine for Sygic if I am out on a long ride. Then I use the music app to listen to music on my phone and monitor my FOBO's. For around town I just use Google maps on my phone and bluetooth Pandora.
    Yes, I agree, Dave…..it is definitely not useless. It works well for many riders, just not for my personal requirements.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

has anyone found anything useful on brp go? The mapping apps need a subscription, cardo connect, i think, needs cardo headsets (i have seba) and the thing that reads your tire pressure requires $150 worth of sensors. I haves gps and listen to pandora through the speakers. What am i missing here?
    save your money

Spyder Garage

….. and the Fobo TPMS can be easily read on the FOBO app on your phone - after you have spent $150 on the sensors …. :-)
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer