Spyder Garage

Default Any issues getting parts for Bushtec Trailers air system?

For those of you with Bushtec trailers. From what I understand these trailers have an air shock/ air leveling system. I would think at some point this system would need repaired or replaced. I see a number of nice looking used Bushtec trailers for sale dating back 25 to 30 years. Is there an issue with getting parts for this air system or is it even an issue?

Poasttown
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-10-2022 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

Friends have one. Bushtec has been great for them. Customer service, parts available. You must use a Bushtec trailer hitch. Don't know if they make one for the Spyder. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I had one and it was a good trailer. This was in the late nineties. When I ordered it I spoke will the owner. Asked him about some options and he had a very indifferent attitude. When asked if a particular option was useful, he said quote, “It doesn’t matter to me what you buy, you have to decide for yourself”. It seemed like I was bothering him. Was spending $3000 and expected a different experience.

Tire got a slash in the sidewall when traveling and could only get it from Bushtec. Delayed my trip three days. We were traveling in a group.

Then on another trip had a wheel bearing starting to go bad. Tried to get one locally, but the outer diameter was specific for the Bushtec. Called them and this time spoke with the owners son. I asked was the bearing a specific outer diameter for some design or engineering concern. Told him that was not good because riders are usually away from home when issues arise. He said quote, “Well don’t know what to tell you, those are the bearings we use. Maybe you should buy some extras as spares”. Again trip was delayed two days and again we were in a group. The group went ahead both times and I drove for 14 hours a day to catch up.

After their attitudes, sold the Bushtec right away when we got home. Bought a Colorado trailer and loved it. Never had any issues. The sale and subsequent service was terrific.
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    .... Bought a Colorado trailer and loved it. Never had any issues. The sale and subsequent service was terrific.
    Tourer, could you elaborate, is that a Champion Colorado Sport Trailer or something else? Who's the manufacturer, My googled results only listed a place in California selling them.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I’m not looking to complicate things. I would prefer replacement parts to be available at hardware and auto parts stores.

Poasttown
    2018 F3L

Spyder Garage

I was inquiring about out of stock wheels/tires, and trailer hitch wiring for my 22 S2S. Mind you, these parts were listed on their website, as of November, 2022, with them being out of stock. Here is my email i sent, and their response. I redacted the names, phone number, and addresses.

I am the original owner of a 2013 Bushtec Roadstar. I am looking for the wiring for a 2022 Can Am Spyder Sea to Sky, and trailer hitch for the Spyder. Also inquiring about a spare tire for my trailer.

Good Morning,
    We are hoping to have the wheels in stock by mid January, However I have neither the hitch or wiring for the Can Am. To my knowledge no one has made the wiring yet. As far as the hitch the only ones that I have seen that will fit consistently are made by Can Am.
    Todd
    Bushtec Performance Products
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. ("Benjamin Franklin")

Spyder Garage

Sparks82,

I have a '93 Bushtec Turbo 2. I pull it with my '22 RTL.

Here are a couple of solutions:
    I used this wiring harness: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - It's a Show Chrome, but I bought it from Amazon.

And this connector: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used my Can-Am hitch and the hitch pin and lock that came with my trailer. I don't know if a pin comes with every trailer, but the gentleman I purchased my Bushtec from gave me the one he had been using. There is no need to buy a special hitch, you just need the pin. If you don't have a hitch, you can buy the Can-Am hitch or an aftermarket hitch; both seem to work well.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-18-2023 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL's iaw Forum policy
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)