Spyder Garage

Default Could this be an assembly problem?

Finally brought home my 2022 F3L...but once it was parked in the garage, I noticed something odd. The rear left side seemed lower than the right. Hmmm....maybe my imagination. Nope; after 2 days of thinking my eyesight was going, I measured it & yup, the left side is 1/2-5/8 inch lower. I might be the only person on the planet to notice this, maybe I'm a little OCD, but for the major $$$ that this cost, I expect better. I'm definitely going back to the dealer with this...praying it's an easy adjustment, not something like maybe a twisted frame. Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is (the bike,not me).

Spyder Garage

Air pressure even in front tires?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures

...Some pictures might help us out. What do you think is the issue? I think a low tire would be an easy check and fix. Where are you taking the measurements?

Standing by for your input.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Checked the air pressure, both fronts were low...from the dealership....I know, I know it's my responsibility, but I aired up both to 20psi, rear was at 26 so I left it alone...anyway, left side rear is still 1/2" lower. Also measured the front end & it's off by at least 1/4". Am I being picky? The dealer is probably gonna think I'm nuts, but this is just not right.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2to3 -- if your F3 has the air suspension do not ride it! It's likely the rear suspension was improperly assembled and the lower bolt holding the rear shock asorber is coming apart. The assembly error is not installing the spacers needed on each side of the asorber eyelet. This might be true of non-air suspension F3s but I haven't read any incidents of that occurring.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    2to3 -- if your F3 has the air suspension do not ride it! It's likely the rear suspension was improperly assembled and the lower bolt holding the rear shock asorber is coming apart. The assembly error is not installing the spacers needed on each side of the asorber eyelet. This might be true of non-air suspension F3s but I haven't read any incidents of that occurring.
    Taking it in to the dealership next week. Service mgr. seemed to think it's a suspension thing. But, I have to ride it in & it's close to 100 miles away. Is there easy access to that lower bolt? Like maybe I could tighten it up til I get to the service dept?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Be careful be safe

Take a tour of this unhappy series of posts https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1637654

I believe the lower shock bolt is visible, certainly if you lift the rear of your F3 a few inches.

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...263/26YB006a/y

The spacers are p/n 706000410 (140 on drawing).
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Let me ask a question, it's the front that's tipping to one side, right? Are your shocks set at the same setting? If you push down on one side at a time, does it feel the same as far as spring and rebound of the shock? If one feels bouncier, and acts like there's no restriction on the rebound, it could be blown, or losted it's charge. It's hard to do, but can you take a tape and measure from bolt to bolt on both shocks and see if they're the same, with it sitting at rest, with the wheel on the floor.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-09-2022 at 03:27 PM. Reason: there (a place) - they're (contraction of 'they are') ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Where exactly are you measuring off & to what? If measuring from an assembled part and not a point on the frame, it may be in the assembly of that part to the bike. Assembly attachments can have slotted attaching points and also, attaching holes may be slightly off. Make sure the garage floor is not a part of the issue.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-09-2022 at 04:38 PM. Reason: off of + ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Let me ask a question, it's the front that's tipping to one side, right? Are your shocks set at the same setting? If you push down on one side at a time, does it feel the same as far as spring and rebound of the shock? If one feels bouncier, and acts like there's no restriction on the rebound, it could be blown, or losted it's charge. It's hard to do, but can you take a tape and measure from bolt to bolt on both shocks and see if they're the same, with it sitting at rest, with the wheel on the floor.
    fronts shocks are same setting

Spyder Garage

garage floor is ok...checked with a level. measuring frame points. talked to cptjam this A.M. and he totally agrees with service tech at dealership that this is a suspension problem...need to check shock dampener on rear. no missing bolts, no oil leaks. frame is not warped. possible faulty shock or spring. warranty will cover this, so I'm gonna stop stressing.
    Thanks to all.

Spyder Garage

I wonder

soI wonder 2 -5ECpg.jpg

Just what was that Bloke measuring?
    Last edited by Isopedella; 09-10-2022 at 03:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

update: rode the bike to the dealership (90 miles).. head mechanic couldn't see the "list to port" but checked things out...had me look at again...sorry guys, it's still leaning. head guy told the mechanic "measure it" mechanic said (in some shock) she's absolutely right! it's definitely off! 2 hours later, all was good. front shocks adjusted, rear shock & airbag adjusted. can't say exactly what the mechanical details are, but it's fixed. rode the bike home (90 miles) & it actually handles better...not my imagination...yay it's fixed! thanks to all who gave input/insight on this problem...awesome forum.