Spyder Garage

Default Home Made Dog Trailer

I bought a used trailer and turned into a dog trailer for Bella our 50lb ausidoodle, and she loves it. Easy to do, just cut a hole in it, got a used windshield (had to cut vents in that to get rid of turbulence), put a dog bed in for cushion with a lead attached to her harness. Bella is the star of the show whenever she rolls up, people are pointing and taking pictures, and she loves the attention. Best of all, we can take her on rides with us, I even take her to work with me, after all the only reason I go into the office is to get more seat time on my Spyder.

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

Bella 01.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-06-2022 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I had my Bulldog ( see avatar ) we used to go to the local Creeme / soft serve shop .... he looooooooooooooooooooooooooved them ..... I had made my own trailer ( sch 40 2" PVC ) and added a Sears Car Top carrier ..... I took the top half off, put a windshield on it and a hard top ( He wasn't fond of the rain ..... ) we did this for about 8 yrs. ..... I still miss Him ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Good pics of trailer and dog. I know how they become family. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats that we love a lot.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish we could have taken our pups for rides, but the trailer that would fit 2-4 Great Danes would not be good behind a motorcycle.

Nice work on the trailer, but have you done anything to minimize the posssibility of exhaust gasses gathering in the trailer?

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Beautiful trailer. And, I know your buddy is having a great time coming along.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Nice work on the trailer, but have you done anything to minimize the posssibility of exhaust gasses gathering in the trailer?
    Yep, always wondered and had concerns about exhaust fumes and the constant sound of the muffler. One of our PGR fellows carries his Yorke in a baby carrier (reverse backpack) on his chest.

Spyder Garage

Steve, Yes I have thought about that and am looking at adding vents to the opposite side for fresh air.
    I am also looking into motorcycle cameras so I can see her better.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 09-08-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Steve, Yes I have thought about that and am looking at adding vents to the opposite side for fresh air.
    I am also looking into motorcycle cameras so I can see her better.
    Do a camera search here. There is a very high quality and highly recommended front and rear camera system shown in previous posts. It may just give you the rear view you need to watch Bella. Something I used in the past to watch air flows was to cut strips of plastic garbage bags and tape them to the surfaces I wanted to understand the direction of the airflow.