Spyder Garage

Default Any Highway Pegs for a 2022 RTL with OEM Floorboard Lights?

Has anyone out there come across any Highway Pegs for the 2020+ (specifically 2022) RT Limited that has the OEM Floorboard Lights installed?

I have looked at all the sites and cannot find anything so I am asking in case I missed something.

thanks
    Keith
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-04-2022 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Title clarification
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Check these out. I have them on my 2020 RT L and like them a lot. It's a pretty easy install, too. It looks like there's plenty of room for your floorboard lights. They are adjustable left to right and front to back.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...0-up?vehicle=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Copperman; 09-05-2022 at 07:02 AM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

From what I found out from Lamonster the floorboard lights use the same mounting holes as these highway pegs and others as well.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try looking at this http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/prodde...hp?prod=41-183
    Not sure if they will go with lights but look at the 6 photos they seem different than the others.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Those are the Show Chrome boards everyone has and they will not work with the boards that have the OEM lights.

Thanks anyhow.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2022 at 11:08 PM. Reason: boards %-)

Spyder Garage

Can you drill other holes?
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Your saying OEM floorboard lights, like they come as standard equipment. I just bought a 22 RTL. No lights on my floorboards. Do you mean BRP sells them if you want to add?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    Your saying OEM floorboard lights, like they come as standard equipment. I just bought a 22 RTL. No lights on my floorboards. Do you mean BRP sells them if you want to add?
    You can purchase lighted floorboards from BRP for your 2022 RT-L

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...rd-lights.html
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

BRP does make their own floorboard lights P/N 219401038. Matter of fact they just came out with the passenger floorboard lights as well P/N 219401153 and I already have an order in for them once they are released in October.
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...re-lights.html

The BRP light are white only, they do not switch to amber for turn signal function but they are a good quality light assembly that bolts to the bottom of the floor board and is a plug and play wiring them.

Spyder Garage

Default Released in October?

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    BRP does make their own floorboard lights P/N 219401038. Matter of fact they just came out with the passenger floorboard lights as well P/N 219401153 and I already have an order in for them once they are released in October.
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...re-lights.html

The BRP light are white only, they do not switch to amber for turn signal function but they are a good quality light assembly that bolts to the bottom of the floor board and is a plug and play wiring them.
    I have the Passenger floorboard lights on order since they were announced. Its November now. Where are they? I would like to get them before the snow flies here in MN.
    2022 Can AM Spyder RT Limited, Silver/Dark

Looking forward to putting on some miles soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mbv6988 View Post
    I have the Passenger floorboard lights on order since they were announced. Its November now. Where are they?
    Same here. I'm not really in any hurry but you would think they would have had them in stock by now. Afterall, there is no chip involved. Only the castings and led strips.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

What is the advantage to the floorboard lights ?
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    What is the advantage to the floorboard lights ?
    The fact that they are hella bright so you get seen much better (day and night and especially from the side). They are of impeccable quality. And they look really, really good on the Spyder. Combine them with the A Arm led strips from Sling Mods and it will completely transform the look of your Spyder. Especially at night.

Spyder Garage

I spoke to a good friend of mine that is the Northeast Regional Territory Rep for BRP and he said that the passenger floorboard lights will not become available until they start shipping the 2023's and even then they will be several months behind so I would not look for them until at least spring time frame.

As for the Highway Pegs that can be used with the OEM floorboard lights, I worked with Keith and Nick at Spyder Extras and they sent me a set of the highway pegs along with an assortment of spacers and I came up with what we all thought to be a relatively easy fix. They are going to be updating their website along with Slingmod's sometime in the very soon future so that you will need to order them for the OEM floorboard lights or without.

Spyder Garage

I spoke to a good friend of mine that is the Northeast Regional Territory Rep for BRP and he said that the passenger floorboard lights will not become available until they start shipping the 2023's and even then they will be several months behind so I would not look for them until at least spring time frame.

As for the Highway Pegs that can be used with the OEM floorboard lights, I worked with Keith and Nick at Spyder Extras and they sent me a set of the highway pegs along with an assortment of spacers and I came up with what we all thought to be a relatively easy fix. They are going to be updating their website along with Slingmod's sometime in the very soon future so that you will need to order them for the OEM floorboard lights or without.
    I know this is an older post, but curious….
    Are these the Highway pegs you sampled from them?

https://spyderextras.com/shop/detail...gs-SRT-2020HWP
    My rights don’t end where your feelings begin.

21 Sea To Sky

2 & 3 wheels

Caged

Spyder Garage

Has anyone out there come across any Highway Pegs for the 2020+ (specifically 2022) RT Limited that has the OEM Floorboard Lights installed?

I have looked at all the sites and cannot find anything so I am asking in case I missed something.

thanks
    Keith
    Did you ever come across anything you were able to make work for you?
    Thanks
    Bill

21 Sea To Sky

2 & 3 wheels

Caged

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BionicChewbacca View Post
    Did you ever come across anything you were able to make work for you?
    Thanks
    Bill
    I installed the highway pegs LaMonster sells even though they say they won't work with the BRP floorboard led's. I had to grind the mounting bracket on a slight angle to make clearance. Not a hard job at all and probably took 5 minutes per side with my bench grinder. I initially started with a Dotco but it was taking too long so I switched to the grinder. They fit just fine with a little tweaking.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 03-18-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I installed the highway pegs LaMonster sells even they say they won't work with the BRP floorboard led's. I had to grind the mounting bracket on a slight angle to make clearance. Not a hard job at all and probably took 5 minutes per side with my bench grinder. I initially started with a Dotco but it was taking too long so I switched to the grinder. They fit just fine with a little tweaking.
    Thanks, I’ll look into some of his kits…any suggestions or just any of them?

21 Sea To Sky

2 & 3 wheels

Caged

Spyder Garage

I know this is an older post, but curious….
    Are these the Highway pegs you sampled from them?

https://spyderextras.com/shop/detail...gs-SRT-2020HWP
    I have those on my 2020 RT Limited. They're very nice.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I’ll look into some of his kits…any suggestions or just any of them?
    These are the ones I installed https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...ent-lamonster/

Spyder Garage

I also am still looking. I have a 2023 S2S with BRP floorboard lighting. Upon this thread's suggestion I purchased LaMonsters top of the line pegs, $319, and modified the bracket to work with the BRP floorboard lights. They are gorgeous looking highway pegs. However, I am totally disappointed and dissatisfied. Though they look beefy, they are flimsy, bend easily and do not hold settings. In addition, because the peg itself is metal, not enclosed in rubber, these pegs vibrate horribly. They greatly resonate with engine vibrations, road vibrations etc, quickly making your feet numb. Also, you can only rest your feet on them, you cannot place any pressure on the peg to assist in moving your rump around, doing such will make them flex, bend, or slide out of their adjustment setting, no serration splines. Lastly, at their narrowest setting, the distance from one peg to the other, they make me feel like I am being prepped for child-birth, way too wide of a stance. Don't get me wrong, I love Lamont and LaMonster garage, spent thousands there and will continue to patronize that place as the vast preponderance of his products are truly great. This product, however, is not one of them, though extremely good looking.

So, given the above, I am looking for highway pegs that will mount closer together, not transmit vibration, hold their setting (placement), and be strong enough to assist in my efforts to rearrange my posterior, just take pressure off my lower back, or straightening my knees... Any suggestions???

PXL_20230924_115809983.MP.jpg PXL_20230924_115822441.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-24-2023 at 09:25 AM. Reason: resignate; + ... ;-)