Spyder Garage

Default Is there a 9 pin to 4 pin trailer plug adapter available?

I have a 2010 622 trailer with a 9 pin plug. I also have a 2014 RTS with the 9 pin plug. I have a 2022 RTL and would like to use the trailer with both bikes, is there an adapter from 9 pin to 4 pin that I could swap out when changing bikes?
    TIA
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-04-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You probably going to have to make one up .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

You will need to construct an adapter cable. 9-pin pigtails are available on Amazon and Ebay. The Spyder 9-pin is pre-wired for three country configurations: USA, CAN and AUS. Pin assignments are here https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1607949
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I assume your trailer has the USA lighting configuration in which case your 9-pin cable has four wires: Ground, Tail, Left Brake/Turn and Right Brake/Turn.

Cut the 9-pin cable an appropriate distance (use 2022 as guide) from the Spyder-side connector and strip both ends. Match wire colors with function. Match function to 4-pin towing connector colors. Splice wires accordingly. I recommend adhesive heat shrink for a proper weather seal. Easy peasy.

PS my previous message assumed you wanted to keep your existing 9-pin cable for selling the trailer in the future. Probably an unlikely circumstance.
    Last edited by BertRemington; 09-04-2022 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Explained a bad assumption
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    You will need to construct an adapter cable. 9-pin pigtails are available on Amazon and Ebay. The Spyder 9-pin is pre-wired for three country configurations: USA, CAN and AUS. Pin assignments are here https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1607949
    Thank you very much for the info.
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White