Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by GoNoGo; 11-01-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    '13 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GoNoGo View Post
    Picked my Spyder RT up from having full service and 2 recalls performed this morning from the Can Am dealer near Atlanta and took it for a 50 mile ride to check it out.

All went well and the temperature gauge never exceeded 50% even though was 90* outside this afternoon.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'm glad that I took extra time and sent it to dealer, rather than to a quick-change oil place.

Did you get the brake fluid flushed? Which dealer did you use?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-14-2022 at 07:54 AM. Reason: break = brake ;-)

Spyder Garage

Last edited by GoNoGo; 11-01-2022 at 10:10 PM.
    '13 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Honestly, since this year / model falls under the NHTSA recall where Spyder were catching fire and burning to the ground, if not yet accomplished, that recall for adding cooling scoops, removing the acoustic panels, installing the new body supports AND remapping the fuel delivery system to the engine. If not done, that should be a must do.

There may also be a second fire related service bulletin, it involves protecting the brake reservoir hoses and more from heat. That should be done also.

Considering it is 10 years old, replace the two vacuum hoses. If the dealer replaces them with oem parts, their life expectancy is far shorter than if replaced with aftermarket silicone vacuum hose.

Yes, other items you mentioned, flush fuel system, change filter etc, should be done.
    Also the brake fluid should be flushed and bled.

As for replacing tires, while many adhere to the current calendar time limits, I am more of the mindset inspect for weather checking cracks, damage or other concerns. If none are noticed, ride and continue to inspect frequently.

Ultimately though, if funds permit, trade that old girl in and update to a newer Spyder. Let the dealer contend with the cost and issues of getting parts while you enjoy the upcoming cooler Georgia weather. The 2013 RT series was kind of a bastard year / model, caught between the nice 2012 and the newer three cylinder versions released in 2014.

All the best however you move forward.
    Which vacuum hoses do you suggest replacing?
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap