Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyspyder View Post
    I have no idea what kind of fuel mileage these Spyders get. Guessing high 20's to mid 30's. So basically my response to eco mode is why? This is the same why? I ask when the "should I use premium" debate comes up in bikes.

We spend a fairly sizable bucket of $$$ for these toys. The manufacturer recommended premium. The tank holds 7 gallons, premium is about $0.10 a gallon more than regular, so $0.70 a tank more per fill. I have read until my eyes cross as to why we should use premium (mostly in the Harley world) and to be honest, I don't understand it all, but, if the company that designed, tested, manufactured and warranted these toys says you should, why not? If we can't "afford" to spend $0.70 a tankful or for 200 ish miles of fun, then maybe we can't afford the toy. And it is my experience we go from fretting over $0.70 a tank more to spending thousands for farkles, bling, accessories, mods etcetera. Yep said we. I love for my ride to be mine. I actually hate showing up for a ride and have another bike "look" like mine ... and you know what I have come to find? The only way to prevent that from happening is to not change mine ... LOL. Of course I am unable to eliminate the obsession of spending my "expendable cash" on my toy.

This same logic seems to apply to eco mode. Is it really worth $0.70 a tank full to take away some of the WOW factor when we ride?

Just my $0.02 worth.
    Now you just made it $0.72 a tank..............

Spyder Garage

Many years ago, must have been about some time in the middle ages, I bought a Zukki TS-185, street legal, dirt bike. It would run about 75MPH on the highway, with a good tailwind, and it got over 70 MPG. I think it was around $300 brand new. Didn't do no touring on it, but it worked great checking fences and looking for cows. Lot of fun in the borrow pits too. I didn't buy it because it got great fuel mileage. That was just an added plus when we all thought gas prices were high back in the 70s.

People who buy bikes that are over 20 grand and over 100 HP are not really worried about fuel mileage.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-05-2023 at 05:15 PM.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver