Spyder Garage

Default Raising front wheels - can I lift on center frame?

I’ve been lifting each front wheel individually for cleaning but it’s kind of a hassle. Can I just slide the floor jack under the center of the bike and lift the whole front end? It looks like there’s a frame member right down the center.

Spyder Garage

I Kingz

In the center of the spyder there is a spar where you can lift the front of the spyder, be careful when you lift it there is a louder side, it will be unbalanced a little.

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

When you lift from the center be careful, it will be tippy, if you push down on one side it will roll to that side! So jack it up enough to get jack stands under it and let the weight down on them a bit, then you can do what you want.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

To make it easier for me to get my f3 up on the jack stands I back up on my low profile ramps chock the rear wheel, then lift from the front with my atv lift (across the spar) to get the jack stands under the a-arms.

By putting it up on the ramps first I don't have to lift that much on the jack before I stabilize it with the jackstands. Also to make sure to loosen your lugs just enough to break them loose before you lift so you are not yanking on them on the jack stands.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 09-02-2022 at 02:59 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I use one of these in the front slid under the front part of the frame perpendicular to the frame
    https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-5...ps%2C84&sr=8-5

I also use one of these on the rear once again perpendicular to the frame and then I put the adjustable center part under the rear shock mount
    https://www.amazon.com/VIVOHOME-Moto...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Been doing it this way way back when I had a 2011 RTL, 2015 RTL, 2019 F3S, 2021 F3L and now my 2022 RTL
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

That's a clever little gadget.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I campermac

Would you put us a picture how you place jack at the front the your spyder I'm very interested .

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    That's a clever little gadget.
    From my Harley days. Very cool. Drive on, drive off. Of course, you do have to bend over to clean your tire/rims. Or somehow bribe the grandkids to do it for you. LOL

Spyder Garage

I would be glad to post some pictures for you but we are leaving in the morning for vacation for 2 weeks and my bike is nighty night until I get home. Rest assured though I will post them when I get back.

Oh and a lift really helps. I recommend this one due to the weight it can handle and the width is perfect for a spyder plus you can remove the sides in sections.
    https://www.nhproequip.com/elevator-...cle-lift-table
    Last edited by campermac; 09-03-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I would be glad to post some pictures for you but we are leaving in the morning for vacation for 2 weeks and my bike is nighty night until I get home. Rest assured though I will post them when I get back.

Oh and a lift really helps. I recommend this one due to the weight it can handle and the width is perfect for a spyder plus you can remove the sides in sections.
    https://www.nhproequip.com/elevator-...cle-lift-table
    Now that's the way to go! Put it where you park on top of it and it's out of the way.

Spyder Garage

I just put my $100 ATV/motorcycle lift under the Spyder and lift it up enough that the front tires free wheel, though all the ideas above are just fine as well.
    I've cleaned the wheels many times and never had it be unstable on the lift when it's positioned properly. I DO use jack stands on three points if I'm working under the spyder, changing oil, installing cat delete, BajaRon Bar, etc.
    But for just cleaning the wheels, I just lift it until the tires clear the garage floor and set my shop stool next to the tire. It's not even high enough to fall off the jack, this pic is raised a bit higher, but you get the idea.

20170413_152615.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post

But for just cleaning the wheels, I just lift it until the tires clear the garage floor and set my shop stool next to the tire. It's not even high enough to fall off the jack, this pic is raised a bit higher, but you get the idea.
    If you are just lifting it high enough to allow the front wheels to spin to clean them, wouldn’t it be just as easy to skip the lift altogether, clean the top half of the wheels/tyres while sitting on your shop stool, roll the Spyder forward 2’ and repeat, DGoebel

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hey there, didn't forget you. I got back from vacation and work threw me on nights and screwed up my schedule.

Anyhow here are some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by campermac; 09-27-2022 at 06:34 AM.