Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Installing the LED Headlight/DRL/Signal Upgrade from TricLED/SlingMods

Hey all - completed this upgrade and am pretty happy with it. Aesthetically they LOOK awesome. My only complaint is that I wish the low beam had a little bit of a farther throw but aside from that I'm pleased. Far brighter than the stock lights in low beam and the high beam is insane.

I installed these on my 2021 Spyder F3T (note that on 2019+ you need to buy the additional fender wiring harness (assuming you haven't already installed that) to get the proper signal to the DRLs. I have a video on that installation as well on my channel and linked in the desc below)

Video walk-through:

Comparison to Stock:
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I thought it was just the light bulbs, I didn't know it was the whole headlight assembly. But I can see why you waited so long to put it in.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I thought it was just the light bulbs, I didn't know it was the whole headlight assembly. But I can see why you waited so long to put it in.
    Hah - If I hadn't been stopping to film and document (and had all the pieces in the kit).. I actually could have probably completed this upgrade in under an hour. I think I was mostly nervous about things I had heard from people removing the top side-vent piece from the bodywork and how difficult/risky it was. That turned out to be pretty anti-climactic in the end. I spent more time playing with the shims and trying to get them aimed to my liking than I actually did on the disassembly and re-assembly of the F3
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I INSTALLED THE LAMONSTER ONES ON MY 2022F3l. From factory headlamps are set low. I adjusted the left side per manual to the correct setting in manual but the right side adjustment is not that accessible as the manual shows. There are items in the way that the manual doesn't show. Trying to figure it out

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post
    Hey all - completed this upgrade and am pretty happy with it. Aesthetically they LOOK awesome. My only complaint is that I wish the low beam had a little bit of a farther throw but aside from that I'm pleased. Far brighter than the stock lights in low beam and the high beam is insane...
    Still loving these lights?

Looks like this was posted just about a year ago. What do you think of these lights after some time? Still happy with them? I just bought a 2023 F3 Limited and was considering ordering these for it. Should I? Any issues?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2023 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    2023 F3 Limited , Plasma Red

Spyder Garage

well, I wanted to know this too - is the silence an ominous sign

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terraformer View Post
    well, I wanted to know this too - is the silence an ominous sign
    The OP here, MrSchaefer, last posted in this thread about 12 months ago; & last visited the Forum in March this year, so I'd suggest that rather than being an ominous sign, it's more likely that he's out riding & enjoying his Spyder (& its lights! ) instead of surfing the keyboard!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have the same LED assemblies on my 2023 F3 Limited going on a couple of months now. It's only been dark enough for my morning commute the past month or so. When I first installed them I didn't use the spacers and they were definitely too low. I had to take apart the front of the bike again to add the spacers but I'm completely satisfied with the light height now. No regrets other than the huge wiring bundle I have with these LED headlights, the fog light covers with DRLs, and the LED fog lights w/ DRLs. A bit challenging finding a good place to tuck the wiring bundles into. I didn't realize how close everything under the fairing is to the engine...heat coming off the engine is definitely a concern but so far no issues.

I just finished installing my Elka shocks and I'll spend the rest of this week and the weekend slowly re-assembling all of the body work. I plan on improving my wire management if at all possible while I'm putting the body work back on.