Spyder Garage

Default TricLED Headlight Upgrade - Comparison with stock (video)

Hey all!

Recently upgraded the headlights on my Spyder F3-T to the TricLED LED Headlight/DRL combo (link below).

This video is a side by side comparison of the stock headlights vs the upgraded LED headlights on a night road. The new headlights are far wider and significantly brighter than stock - this install has a 3/8" shim on the lower screws to aim the headlights up - which is the thickest shim that I felt comfortable installing with the included screws.

I may end up aiming them slightly higher in the coming days.

Headlight Upgrade: https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...40305809162285

Also available from Slingmods: https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...l-turn-signals

2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Awesome improvement !

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I had to turn mine up 1 full turn when I installed led lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tekslk View Post
    I had to turn mine up 1 full turn when I installed led lights.
    I've heard that for a bulb replacement - this particular update (posted a vid in the How To) replaces the entire lamp housing as well and removes the stock adjusters for the headlights requiring instead that you use shims to aim them
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Well that really is a significant step up from the stock headlights. Is that running with the high beams on? I have to wonder how they effect oncoming traffic.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Well that really is a significant step up from the stock headlights. Is that running with the high beams on? I have to wonder how they effect oncoming traffic.
    The video has both - high beams are in the second half. Biggest difference with the high beams over stock is it's additive - the high beam lights turn on or off but the low beams stay on constant, vs the standard lights where the filament switches from one to the other (near the very end of the video in the high beam section I drop back to low beams and you can tell the difference between to two modes.. probably about the 55 second mark)

The new light has a very sharp cut off at the top of the beam and is actually slightly lower than stock even with the shims installed - so it's not blinding to oncoming traffic (at least.. nobody that i met on the road last night was flashing their lights at me or anything.. and I rode around for a good 20-30 minutes in decent traffic after that video was shot)
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White