Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tried SlingMods T2 LED headlight bulbs in a Ryker?

Has anyone tried these?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-01-2022 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

I have a set of the T2 LED's on my 2019 Rally. I am very happy with them. I did remove the headlight assembly to R&R the new bulbs and found that much easier than fighting the small space behind the assembly.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    I have a set of the T2 LED's on my 2019 Rally. I am very happy with them. I did remove the headlight assembly to R&R the new bulbs and found that much easier than fighting the small space behind the assembly.
    That's a smart move. It only requires the removal of a couple of more screws and they you have all the room in the world to work. It should only add maybe an additional 10minutes to the job.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll also be removing the headlight housing etc. Any fitment issues with the T2's?

Spyder Garage

After removal of the housings, replacement of the bulbs was really easy. I did notice that the modified bulb holding ring provided by slingmods was not necessary with the newer T2's. My stock retainer ring worked just fine. Just try both and see which one fits better.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-02-2022 at 06:21 PM. Reason: newere - newer ;-)
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Yep I just put them on my Ryker Rally monday.They wife said she doesn't like them because I did some night riding. I never did night riding with the stock light, and I love them.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-05-2022 at 12:37 AM. Reason: ' ' after ','s %-)
    U.S.Marine Corps
    Vietnam-Veteran 68/69

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just completed the install. Easily 3x brighter than stock and a no glitch process.

Spyder Garage

I didn't use the slingmods version, there was another member on here who posted a link to an amazon product for about half the price. They have lasted about a year so far and are much brighter. No need for modifications, used existing ring. If you have bigger hands it can be a PITA to get that ring twisted back on.

Spyder Garage

Did the t2 install Friday,

Throttle side light slipped in no issues. Left hand light could not get straight in, the wiring harness behind that light was blocking it. Pulled out the headlight housing and finished install, may have added 15 min to total time, not hard.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-18-2022 at 12:35 PM. Reason: in,th;, ..all,ma..; ..me,no.. ;-)