Spyder Garage

Default Anyone ever trailer a Ryker AND a motorcycle at the same time?

Hey all,

just got a new SUV with a trailering package, and that's sending me down thoughts of longer road trips while bringing along my motorcycle and/or our Ryker.

I keep thinking that to carry both, you'd need a full-floor flatbed trailer with a full width ramp. Also pondering how you'd balance out the weight mismatch.

Does anyone have any experience trailering both a Ryker and a motorcycle at the same time?

Thanks,
    EV
    2022 Ryker Sport, 2006 Buell Ulysses XB12X, 2007 Buell Firebolt XB9R, 2023 KTM 390 Duke

Spyder Garage

Have done it. I have a 16 foot tandem axle trailer that is 77 inches wide with electric brakes. The motorcycle was loaded first. It is a 2002 Honda VTX1800 fully dressed with fairing and bags. My wife's Ryker was then loaded behind the bike. I loaded the bike first to be sure the trailer had proper tongue weight. Drove from Phoenix to Taos, NM. Towed great with no issues. The 16 foot trailer only had a foot or two of room on the back of the trailer, so anything shorter might not work. Don't think I have any pictures but if I find one I will post up.

Spyder Garage

Hmmm, 16 footer. That's a long trailer. So, you had the two in tandem, right?

I was thinking of a shorter trailer and going side-by-side (or at least front wheel of motorcycle next to rear wheel of Ryker. Anyone ever try like that (or close to)?

Thanks,
    EV
    2022 Ryker Sport, 2006 Buell Ulysses XB12X, 2007 Buell Firebolt XB9R, 2023 KTM 390 Duke

Spyder Garage

Could the bike go first and have it oriented sideways? That would save a lot of space.

Spyder Garage

EV yes I went front to back. The way I do it I can drive both vehicles both Straight on. The VTX weighs close to 1000 lbs with the bags and fairings, so kind of tough to manhandle it at my age.
    Also for the VTX I had a steel channel that I used to mount in my F150 with a front tire clamp on it. I used that so the back tire weight would be spread out on the truck bed and not just on the tailgate. I am using that on the trailer now. Bike sits upright and no stress on the front seals. Forgot to mention above that I used separate ramps and they take up quite a bit of floor space on the trailer as well. The ramps are 7.5 feet but do fold in half. No problem with the Ryker loading up with those. Nice thing about tandem trailers if not loaded very heavy is if you have a flat you can hopefully slow down and make it to the next town if you don't have a spare...

Spyder Garage

Markubis please see my reply above to your comment. Guessing it could be done but I am to old to fight it...