Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default September Weather News

Welcome to the MIGHTY MONTH OF SEPTEMBER. I have been enjoying early morning star gazing for several years. Sometimes it just amazing how large the solar system is and the millions of Stars. When I was in high school I had a one semester class about Space Travel and more. Still remember a few. It's been over 50+ years ago.

September is a very challenging month as we transition from summer to autumn. The temperatures are starting to drop, currently 61°F here in Indiana.
    Speaking of dropping, we have trees that are missing about half of the leaves.

So nuff said about old times.
    Today's high will be only 84°F, with sunshine and some humidity of course. Low of 60°F.

As always welcome to the Next Chapter of the Weather News.
    I encourage every single member of the Spyder Forum to Post up your local area weather news. Even if you can only do it once a week. I have enjoyed reading all your posts about your Local Weather News.
    So let us hear about your Weather.

Stay Healthy and Enjoy your Ryde Times. ......
    Last edited by Little Blue; 09-01-2022 at 06:35 AM.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Another month. Where did August go so fast?

Starting with 70 degrees, partly cloudy, with a little haze. High today predicted at 86. Had a few showers the last couple days. Happily, no flooding where we are. The "drive over creekbeds" have been wet on the back gravel roads. We did twenty miles on the Mule yesterday.

Rest of the week, the same is predicted.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Utah is in the midst of a giant heat wave that is going to last thru labour day. We are looking at 102 in SLC today and the same in southern Utah. Not much worry about Monsoon rains for now,that season is pretty much gone, for awhile its going to be killer heat.If you are riding here in the next few days be sure to bring extra hydration.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

The desert S.W. is starting September with the same excessive heat we experienced as August came to a close. The high today will be 107. Low overnight will get down to the mid 80s. Our humidity is 32% and we have a 2 MPH breeze. There are no clouds visible this morning. This weather pattern is expected to continue for the next week without much change. Still a bit too hot to comfortably do local rides. I have two multi-day group rides scheduled. One three-day trip later this month and other 4-day trip scheduled for the 2nd week of October. Really looking forward to getting back to regular rides with friends, new and old. Stay safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Yea, Where did the month of August go!

Today it felt like fall here in Vermont. The temps were in the 50's and cloudy. Last night we had rain, and temps were in the 40's. Some people had long sleeve shirts, and sweaters on. Current temp is 59 degrees, and cloudy. Clouds will clear out through early Friday morning. and it will be cool and sunny to start the day on Friday. Morning temps will start out in the mid to upper 40's and 50's, We'll have plenty of sunshine through the day, which will help warm things up into the upper 70's and low 80's by late afternoon.

The weekend will start out with some sunshine temps in the 80's,then a frontal system moves through on Saturday night with a few overnight showers. Sunday will be cooler with a mix of sun and clouds and highs in the 70's. An other weather system will move south of the region on Labor Day. It looks like we will miss most of the wet weather.

Next week the sunshine will be back by Tuesday and Wednesday. Highs in the upper 70's, The rest of week will be mostly sunny and dry. Also, next weekend the temps in the 70's.

Also, the leaves are starting show some color!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

On the road yesterday, so couldn't give you a weather report for the First Day of Spring in the Land Down under but as a belated report, despite our BoM giving us all the doom and gloom stories of rain & gales with temps into low single digits if not sub-zero & snow down to 1000 metres, we came thru the Great Divide with bright sunshine reflecting off the snow covered mountain tops (well, they're really only sorta biggish hills! ), very few clouds all day, and the strongish gusty winds were only trying to blow away a few of the more exposed areas!

And again, despite even more doom & gloom from the BoM for today, I've just watched the sun come up thru a light morning mist, rapidly burning it off and clearing into a cloudless blue sky! It's funny, but I'd swear the sky is a different (lighter?) blue here in the High Country than it is out on the plains, but maybe that's cos the surrounding hills are all topped with reflective white? Regardless, Buster the Assistance Dog is absolutely basking in the warm sunshine streaming in thru the window of this great little place we're propping in for a couple of days - he's had enough of the recent travelling & visiting family for a while (with lotsa strange people & dogs to meet allatime too! There's only so many butts you can sniff & weeds you can pee on I guess?!? ) and it looks like he's settled in for some serious relaxation! I know that's what the Child Bride & I are planning on doing - lotsa warm snoozing in the sun! Just gotta pick the right spots, cos everywhere you step here is waterlogged & squelchy, but it looks like the flooding rain is taking a few days off too!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-03-2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: single & mbut %-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default 9/02/22 Friday

...Good Morning and Hello to Friday's weather news from Indiana. Currently 68°F and 98% humidity.
    Going to be another great day with a bonus. Labor Day Weekend is here. Where did the Summer Days go?

High of 88°F with sunshine and lots of humidity.
    Low of 71°F with a small chance of Rain....15%.

Enjoy your Day and Stay Safe.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Saturday and Sunday

Well, Indiana has a big weather change coming this weekend. Rain and more Rain all weekend and maybe even on Monday. Labor Day Is On Monday 9/05/22. So it seems like the Long weekend is a bust here in Indiana. Oh well Just take everything in stride. Then it will all work out somehow.

High today of 81'F with rain. Low 65' F with thunderstorms. We need the rain and it will be welcomed by most.
    Sorry for the weekend of mostly Rain.

Sunday 77'F with rain too. Low 66'F.

We will save Monday's for a later time. (rain)
    Enjoy the time and be safe.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Labor Day 9/05/22

...A BIG Good Morning to you. Indiana weather has been somewhat cooler the last couple of days. Currently 70°F with some clouds. Enjoyed some great time visiting with my mom and she loved making cookies.
    Oh Yeah, Today is Labor Day in the USA. A Lot of people get the Day off from work.

High of 76°F with some afternoon showers. Low of 64°F.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Today the weather in VT. will be uniformly cool and cloudy. There will be wet weather in the mix today. Showers remain likely through out the morning hours across the southern areas. with scattered showers developing to the north. Periods of rain and showers remain likely through the afternoon and into the evening hours. There will be a big spread in the rainfall totals through Tuesday morning from north to south. Totals will be the lowest near the Canadian border, where the little measurable rain is expected and highest across the southern
    Vermont, where some spots could pick up 2 inches of rain. Rain Monday night will be focused across southern areas, which will also be the last places to see showers end Tuesday. Clouds will be slow to clear Tuesday, with cloudy conditions likely for most of the day. High pressure settles overhead mid week, bringing sunshine back to the area with warmer temps.

They are forecasting a warming trend beginning Wednesday which will last into the weekend. By Saturday the temps in the upper 80's .

This type of weather is usual for VT. this time of the year.
    Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Another perfect day for splashing around in the pool here in the desert S.W. The high will be 108. Humidity is at 20% and there is a 2 MPH breeze. There are no clouds. The forecast shows a bit of a cool down by Friday. We may even have a day or two with highs below 100! That would be nice. The shorter days and longer nights are resulting in nighttime temperatures getting a little lower. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 9/06/22

Welcome back to a beautiful Tuesday. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend plus Labor Day. Although those of us that are retired have great days most of the time. I sure try my best. Currently 67°F with clouds.

High 76°F with some clouds and maybe rain. Low of 60°F.
    The weekend rain was about 2-tenths of an inch. We really need some more rain.
    Ryde when you can and be Safe.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Today's weather in the desert S.W. will be a repeat of yesterday's weather. Except the humidity has gone from 20 down to 19% and the breeze has gone from 2 MPH up to 5 MPH. That little breeze really feels good when getting out of the pool when it's 108 degrees out. I don't dry off before driving my golf cart the 3/4-mile home after getting out of the pool. No need to. I'm completely dry by the time I get home thanks to Mother Nature. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 9/07/22

...Looks like another good day here in Indiana. No rain in the forecast, currently 60°F. Got a little yard work done and just enjoyed the day. Oh yeah, needed to pay some bills. Just what would we do without the bills?

Today 77°F with sunshine and humidity. Low of 53°F.
    No rain showers yesterday.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday 9/08/22

...Welcome to September weather news from Indiana. Currently 56°F with some humidity and of course a dark sky. Yesterday's sunshine was great and today will be about the same.

High 79°F with sunshine, low of 55°F.
    No rain in the forecast yet.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Here in Utah the terrible heat wave is finally breaking. Record breaking temps in SLC of 107*. we are now in the high 90's for the next few days.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 09-09-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Finally Friday 9/09/22

...Seems like Fridays are the Days most people are looking forward too. I guess we need something to aim at and hit. Currently 57°F with clear sky. Yesterday's weather was nice and today's is going to be about the same.

The Weather People are saying that we might get some rain this weekend. Indiana needs it in my local area.
    Everything is starting to really look dry and thirsty.
    There are large cracks in the yard. My trees have been dropping lots of leaves. I guess we will have an early Fall.

Today's high 83°F with sunshine, low 63°F.
    No rain in the forecast for today.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

The excessive heat we have been having has finally left the desert S.W. Today's high is forecast to be just 95 and we will have overnight lows in the 70s! Something we have not seen in a long time. Tropical storm Kay is moving northwest along the Baja Peninsula about 375 miles away from us. But we will see some of its effects late this evening. Good chance of rain between 7PM and midnight. Any rain we get helps with the draught, but this time of year rain has a minimal effect. It quickly evaporates back into the atmosphere. Later in the winter the precipitation falls as snow in the surrounding mountains where it is stored until springtime. That snow melt is what we depend upon to fill our reservoirs. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather

...Well this is what my local area has been waiting for all week. Sorry about that, but we need some good rain showers here. Sooooooo, if the weather people are correct about the rain. We will have a big chance of getting some this weekend. Currently clear skies and 63°F.

Today 82°F with some clouds and maybe a rain shower in the afternoon.
    Low 64°F.

Sunday 72°F and some rain, low of 52°F.

Everyone enjoy your Weekend and Family Time.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

We have actually been enjoying the weather in NW Arkansas.

September has been mostly great. Days starting out now in the mid 60's. Day temperatures getting up to high 70 to low eighties. Mostly blue skies, and cooler breezes. Enough rain to grow and keep the grass nice and green. The cattle ponds are filling up again. The evenings are in the mid 60's. Perfect sleeping weather with the bedroom windows cracked open.

It is once again great to sit on our front porch with our coffee, and the company of the 7 - 10 cats that are our friends. PS...we also have three house cats now. Just added "Cuddles," an abandoned male tiger pattern, in the last week or so. This one was two weeks old when left with us. Mom and the other two are part of the outside pack.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Good Monday Morning 9/12/22

....Seems a lot has happened over the past few days. Some have been with happy news and others with not so happy. I will not dwell on any of this.
    Just wanted to let you know that the 'World is needing Prayers'. Please Pray.
    Thank You and have a Blessed Day.

So now on with some sunshine and beautiful blue sky, currently 54°F. We received over 2.5 inches of rain yesterday.

High 63°F with clouds and maybe a little rain shower. Low 54°F.
    Enjoy your Day and be Safe.

Stay Healthy. .....

Spyder Garage

We had a fast-moving thunderstorm pass through last evening here in the desert S.W. Just as the rain was starting, I stepped outside to watch the light show. Don't know the speed but the wind was so strong that I was uncomfortable. Lots of stuff blowing around. I scurried back to the safety of my recliner. It did get to 102 yesterday but the rain cooled it down to the 70s overnight. The 10 day forecast does not show any more triple digit temperatures. Overnight lows will be in the 70s. Our riding season is about to begin. Stay safe..... Jim

Edit:

Well, the local TV news explains why I was a little uncomfortable standing on the porch last night. Gusts were up to 80 MPH. Little bit of lightning in the distance tonight but, so far, no wind or rain. Go Seahawks.....
    Last edited by canamjhb; 09-12-2022 at 09:30 PM.
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 9/13/22

....This month is going by very quickly. I have a lot of 'honey doos' completed and the list is still growing. Must be the early rush of Autumn. Currently a little chilly at 54°F.
    We received a sprinkle or two yesterday afternoon, just enough to get everything wet.

Today temperatures 72°F and 52°F. Some sunshine mixed in with clouds. No rain in the forecast for today.

Ryde when you can and be Safe.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Just about perfect weather here in the desert S.W. Today's high will be 94. The overnight low will be 72. Humidity is high for us at 52%. There is a 3 MPH breeze and there are some white puffy clouds in the distance. The chance of afternoon showers is less than 10%. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

It is raining in Vt. now, we need the rain.

The temps today were in the 60's and cloudy.

They are forecasting it raining heavy tonight.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover