Spyder Garage

Default Will a Mower Lift raise the front of my F3?

Is it possible to lift the front of my F3 with a 750lb rated mower lift?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cambini View Post
    Is it possible to lift the front of my F3 with a 750lb rated mower lift?
    I definitely would NOT try it ..... if the lift has to use the front suspension as the lifting points ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Most riding mower lifts I have seen, use the front wheels to raise the mower. In theory a mower lift might work if you can extended the lift point on the lift wide enough to match the Spyder wheels spacing. If that can be done successfully then I'd be careful of not damaging the rear splash guard mounted at rear of Spyder when raising the Spyder. Good luck

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, absolutely, for about 30 seconds, then stand clear! NO, don't do that. Your spyder weighs 1,000+ lbs. and you'll risk serious injury. If you want to safely get it up, there are many threads here explaining the many ways to do it safely. I drive mine up on two car ramps, ratchet tie the front wheels to the ramps and use a small roll around floor jack to lift the rear. A 2X6 on the jack between the swingarms under the rear shock is one of the least expensive and safest ways to raise your spyder. Good luck.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As others as said not at that rating, lots of "good lifts" out there at under $300 that can do the job.

It is a whole lot less than the damage you can do to your spyder or yourself.

I bought this one from harbor freight and love it, as a bonus they even have it on sale now for 183.99. https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...oaAn-NEALw_wcB

I also bought some of the daytona 3 ton jack stands to place under the a arms so I can take the front wheels off to do brake work.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 09-02-2022 at 05:04 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with the Harbor Freight lift that's on sale. I have it and it works very well. Position at the tail end of the frame (near exhaust springs) and pick up the whole spyder.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I bought this one from harbor freight and love it, as a bonus they even have it on sale now for 183.99.
    I had this one, but I traded it off. Very good jack but kinda tippy and not stable enough for my liking. I prefer the 3-point stability. The downside with the 3-point system is, that removing a wheel is a creative process. If I were to get another lift I would invest in a lift table. No more bending stooping lifting or crawling. At the very least it would be much easier to find the stem and air up that caul dam rear tire. Hell of a reason to spend several $k just to air up a tire, huh? LOL Don't you tell my wife I said that. A table is a safety thing! Not a luxury.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A 750 lb rated lift like the MoJack would lift it, BUT... the problem is there is not enough room under the front of the spyder to clear all the jack parts. I already looked into it. I wish I had the connections to buy some steel, because I would build a spyder specific jack and sell them. It is so hard to believe nobody has done this yet. We all need to keep poking the bear.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    A 750 lb rated lift like the MoJack would lift it, BUT... the problem is there is not enough room under the front of the spyder to clear all the jack parts. I already looked into it. I wish I had the connections to buy some steel, because I would build a spyder specific jack and sell them. It is so hard to believe nobody has done this yet. We all need to keep poking the bear.
    Yeah, the Big Blue is about the only one with a custom Spyder setup, Joel, and even then you have to remove a floorboard and bolt it up at the rear shock. No way I am going through that each time I want to lift the RT. My knees would take strike action

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start one of those fundraising things. I'd pitch in.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

About as upstate as you can get I think. Hope it helps. https://www.jnssteel.com/

Spyder Garage

Pitbull motorcycle jack. About half the price of a lift table, but extremely well made.
    Come as either manual or air assist. A much larger and better version of Harbor Freight or Craftsman.
    I don't think they have a website since covid but their phone number is available and they are located in Springville Tn.
    I love love mine.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase