Spyder Garage

Default What's the difference between an RT and a Sea to Sky?

I looked at a comparison sheet on Powersportstv.com for the 2022 RT Limited and the 2022 Sea to Sky. Looking down the list I saw that mechanically and structurally they are the same. RT is priced less. Looking at the pictures I couldn't tell a difference - the pictures weren't that large - so what is the difference that warrants a $2500 increase in price?
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

the S2S is the same as the RTL but with upgrades, special colors, painted to match top case, better seat, wheels etc.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

The RT LIMITED and Sea to Sky are the same in so many ways other than seat. The rest is ornamental.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The Trim Levels

....The above posts pretty much nailed it. The additional cost is the 'Trim Level'. If you want them, then go ahead and spend the money.

Everyone will have to decide what is needed.
    Now days for me, less is the better choice.

Stay Healthy. ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-31-2022 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Not all readers will see 'post' titles, some only see 'thread' titles! %-)
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Going from memory here, so take that into account. Sea to Sky is an RT-L with: special color paint, different front rims, adjustable air deflectors, special badging, comfort seat with special stitching, fully painted top case, included paint matched cowl for running without the top case.

Was originally supposed to come with driver's backrest, but they nixed that due to supply chain issues. Some got the back rest, some got credit, others received nothing.

I THINK that is all the differences in the '22 models.

I originally spec'ed out an RT-L with the comfort seat which would have fit my bill, but continued delays and no dealer communication had me looking at other dealers, and dumb luck dropped a '22 Sea to Sky in my lap. I would have been happy either way, but the S2S had me riding instead of waiting.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Here you go from the BRP website.
    2023 S2S compare RTL.jpg

Spyder Garage

Like everyone else stated it's mostly bling. Me personally I think Can Am dropped the ball on the 2022 compared to the 2021 and the upcoming 2023. The matte finish is ok if you don't mind having to be really careful when cleaning it or you will turn the matte to shiny. The S2S is supposed to be their top of the line trim, but sitting side by side to an RT Limited in chrome I think the S2S can't hold a candle to the RT Limited. I originally ordered a S2S and when it came in and I saw it I said NOPE and told the dealer to find me a silver one in Chrome since it seemed that everyone was going with the blue, red or black and I haven't seen a silver one on the road. The price difference between the S2S and the RTL allows for you to purchase the comfort seat and the other options the S2S has and then some, but all in all it is your decision and you have to live with it. Good Luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Campermac, that is one good looking Spyder.. I really like the purple/black accent strips you installed. Looks real good with the new Silver color. .
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Like everyone else stated it's mostly bling. Me personally I think Can Am dropped the ball on the 2022 compared to the 2021 and the upcoming 2023. The matte finish is ok if you don't mind having to be really careful when cleaning it or you will turn the matte to shiny. The S2S is supposed to be their top of the line trim, but sitting side by side to an RT Limited in chrome I think the S2S can't hold a candle to the RT Limited. I originally ordered a S2S and when it came in and I saw it I said NOPE and told the dealer to find me a silver one in Chrome since it seemed that everyone was going with the blue, red or black and I haven't seen a silver one on the road. The price difference between the S2S and the RTL allows for you to purchase the comfort seat and the other options the S2S has and then some, but all in all it is your decision and you have to live with it. Good Luck
    'My F3'..... Plate?

Nice choice for your Spyder. Just wanted to check out the license plate 'MY F3'.

Must be from a previously owned Spyder.
    Anyhow enjoy your Ryde Times.

Stay Healthy. ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-31-2022 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Not all readers will see 'post' titles, some only see 'thread' titles! %-)
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I had a chance to look both RTL and S2S over a couple of months ago.

I agree that the HyperSilver with chrome would be my choice of the two. I'm not a fan of matte paint.

Great looking Spyder! Good luck with it.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

yea it was a toss up of either MY F3 or F3LTD since I got rid of both mine and my wife's at the same time
    Have no fear I am in the thinking stage of a new plate for this one and I am torn between 22RTL or RAVNS since RTLTD is already gone and MY RTL would read MYRTL since PA only allows 5 digits and if you use all 5 then you cannot use a - or a space.
    Last edited by campermac; 08-31-2022 at 07:08 PM.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents