Spyder Garage

Default RT-L Liner weather strip torn away from liner - any fixes?

Just bought a 2013 RT-L. Great deal in excellent condition, low miles. In the frunk there is a liner that has the BRP logo on it. I cannot tell if this was a factory item or added afterward. Anyway, around the top edge is a U-Channel with a round rubber tube that was glued to it. Just about all of the tube has torn away from the U-Channel. It was a weatherstrip or cushion that touched the underside of the frunk lid. I cannot find anything like a part number of either the original insert, or just the weatherstrip to replace it. I may get some Gorilla glue and try to carefully glue the tube back on to the U-Channel.

Anyone else have this situation? Any other ideas on replacing or repairing this weatherstrip?

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check Lamonster or Spyder pops

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vetman03 View Post
    Just bought a 2013 RT-L. Great deal in excellent condition, low miles. In the frunk there is a liner that has the BRP logo on it. I cannot tell if this was a factory item or added afterward. Anyway, around the top edge is a U-Channel with a round rubber tube that was glued to it. Just about all of the tube has torn away from the U-Channel. It was a weatherstrip or cushion that touched the underside of the frunk lid. I cannot find anything like a part number of either the original insert, or just the weatherstrip to replace it. I may get some Gorilla glue and try to carefully glue the tube back on to the U-Channel.

Anyone else have this situation? Any other ideas on replacing or repairing this weatherstrip?

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg
    That's an OEM part. Neoprene seal. Item number 330.

https://www.canampartshouse.com/oemp...s-front-fender

Yes, an after market seal may be less money.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Hey, thanks for the quick response and information. I can take it from here. Thanks again!!

I had checked Spyder Pops and Lamonster already. Somehow missed this site completely in searches.

Spyder Garage

Hey, thanks for the quick response and information. I can take it from here. Thanks again!!

I had checked Spyder Pops and Lamonster already. Somehow missed this site completely in searches.
    Trick is look at something else (FARKLE) first https://spyderpops.com/replacement-w...odels-2010-19/
    Last edited by Bfromla; 09-02-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: *Trick -not-Rick*

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg
    I have a 2010 RT SE5 with the OEM liner like that and I have re glued my weather stripping on several occasions. I used Weldwood contact cement and it holds up pretty well.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 09:48 AM. Reason: contacr - contact %-)

Spyder Garage

That frunk weather strip seal on my Spyder gave up the ghost not quite a year ago and I replaced it with one from Spyderpops for $22.95. The best thing about Harvey's replacement is it's just a bit stiffer than the OEM one, so when I turn the key to unlock the frunk the seal serves as a spring and the frunk lid unlatches by itself.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S