Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have a toy hauler for a Spyder RT?

Anyone have a toy hauler for a Spyder RT? I've looked and all seem too small in length...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try doing a search using the words toy hauler see what you get. Top right side Search
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    anyone have a toy hauler for spyder rt I've looked and all seem to small in length
    Motor home or tow behind?

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Toy Hauler

anyone have a toy hauler for spyder rt I've looked and all seem to small in length
    It would help if you tell us what you want to do.
    I have a trailer that I use for my Spyder.
    A little more information will be a great help.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Like snow belt asked, Are you looking for a motor home toyhauler with a separate garage or integrated garage? Or a simple enclosed box/ cargo trailer? I can provide all kinds of info on all three if you are a bit more specific. I’ve got a 38’ fifthwheel fuzion with separate garage toyhauler. I have a work and play integrated garage bumper pull toyhauler. I also have a snowmobile trailer with drop down bunks, insulated, electric, cabinets, stove etc cargo trailer. A toyhauler is a pretty generic term. What type or describe what your looking for please. What are you planning on pulling with? What’s your intention for this trailer. Weekend, monthly, snowbird, once or twice a year?
    Last edited by Wmoater; 08-29-2022 at 05:42 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I have a 30ft 2018 Trail Runner by Heartland the toy hauler portion is 11.5 ft long just enough to make it has 6 tie downs on floor wife and I love it. Nothing fancy, I did have to extend the ramp cause it would bottom out when it would crest the top of ramp. You will definitely need a 3/4 ton pickup to tow it. See photos attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

We have a Grand Design Momentum 394 5th wheel toy hauler with a 12 1/2 ft garage. We are able to haul 2020 RT and a 2012 RT at the same time. It takes some planning to load but we figured out how to do it effectively. My son has a Forest River Grey Wolf 30ft bumper pull that he hauls his F3 in and tows with a 1/2 ton pick up just fine. It only weighs about 5700 lbs empty. He needs to back in because it is narrower the further you go inside. We have driven all over the upper midwest with these toyhaulers without any issues. There are many options depending on the size of your tow vehicle and what size trailer you want.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 09:35 AM. Reason: RT %-)

Spyder Garage

Gray Wolf 26RR with our F3t behind a Ram 1500 makes for a great combination!
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

We have a Winnebago 28KS. It is a towable, about 35", the rear of the living area is the garage when hauling. When camped we have a canopy with sides as a garage for the trike or I use the cover we got from Lamonster Garage. The only problem is that the trailer is tall, and I had to set up a ramp system to keep the RT from hitting the nose when getting on the ramp door, and raise the ramp so the Spyder wouldn't high center. Either that or find a hill to back up to to load into the rig.
    Last edited by ozarkryder; 08-29-2022 at 08:39 PM.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Grand Design Momentum 381M fifth-wheel. 15' garage. Haul 2 F3 models: an S, a T and an L, in various combinations. The S has a set of Givi 37 liter paniers which adds substantially to its width across the back. The first is ridden in front-first; the second is backed in. Added wheel chock subfloor to expedite tie-down. Extended loading ramp for nose clearance and the bike that gets backed in would break traction while loading. Takes about 20 minutes to load, stow gear and tie the two Spyders down. Just completed a month stay in east TN.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

We have been researching RVs and toy haulers since making an RV trip with the in-laws in Sept. of 2019. After spending a LOT of time on Facebook RV pages, I have found what I think is nearly the perfect floor plan in a TH. It's the Heartland Torque T333 that is a little shy on closet space, but has a 13' separate garage and no second bath which seems to be wasted space to me. I have drawn some mods into that original floor plan to add closet space and turn the dining booth to face a TV on the back side of one of the closets I added. Living space and garage space are pretty much personal preferences and this is what I think fits our needs exactly with a strong possibility of hauling our RT-L and one of the motorcycles at the same time. There is still some measuring to do but this thing looks pretty good.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2022 at 09:38 AM. Reason: dinning - dining ;-)

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)