Spyder Garage

Default ECM/Dash Firmware Update - fixed night/day & hot start issues!

HI All, Just had my dash firmware updated and it is much better. My 21 RT couldn't seem to stay on day or night mode during the day - and it was real frustrating. The new firmware improves the light sensor and it now stays on day and appropriately switches to night mode The ECM firmware fixes a hot start problem (that I haven't had) and makes small updates. I figured it couldn't hurt to get it updates while I had it in. The dealer did it under warranty.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RTL and was wondering if BRP has a firmware update available. Can anyone tell me what the version is current?

I am running the following:
    BRP SW v710006876
    GSS SW v030.70
    CSS SW v030.70
    HW Version G07
    BL SW vS30.70
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

As of the current version of BUDS2, (BRP BUDS2 21.1.0 (8CC6 UPDATE) which includes firmware updates, there are no firmware updates for 2020 RT's that are on dash firmware 50.1. And our 2020's do not have the day/night sensor, which is built into the cluster hardware. The current dash firmware is 50.1, so you could use the update from your 30.7, but it didn't really do anything noticeable to mine, so don't expect anything major.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

This dash and ecu update has been out for a few months. Keep an eye on this forum for updates. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...UDS2-Shop-Talk
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Dash Cluster Sensor on the 2022 RT Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    As of the current version of BUDS2, (BRP BUDS2 21.1.0 (8CC6 UPDATE) which includes firmware updates, there are no firmware updates for 2020 RT's that are on dash firmware 50.1. And our 2020's do not have the day/night sensor, which is built into the cluster hardware. The current dash firmware is 50.1, so you could use the update from your 30.7, but it didn't really do anything noticeable to mine, so don't expect anything major.
    I just purchased a 2022 RT Limited and the dash background from nighttime to daytime worked OK. You state the day/night sensor is built into the cluster hardware which explains why I can't find an external sensor in the shop manual. Do you know if that is the case for the 2022? Reason I ask is I added a camera to the bike and mounted the front camera on the ledge below the windshield with VHB tape and after that, the dash was 'stuck' dark. I had to manually set it to daylight so I assumed I might have covered the sensor but I'm guessing from your comment that is not the case? I did disconnect the battery during the install and I'm guessing I might have reset the dash with that action and I haven't had the time to chase this down. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pashpe View Post
    I just purchased a 2022 RT Limited and the dash background from nighttime to daytime worked OK. You state the day/night sensor is built into the cluster hardware which explains why I can't find an external sensor in the shop manual. Do you know if that is the case for the 2022? Reason I ask is I added a camera to the bike and mounted the front camera on the ledge below the windshield with VHB tape and after that, the dash was 'stuck' dark. I had to manually set it to daylight so I assumed I might have covered the sensor but I'm guessing from your comment that is not the case? I did disconnect the battery during the install and I'm guessing I might have reset the dash with that action and I haven't had the time to chase this down. Any thoughts on this appreciated.
    Check your settings page. It's very possible that by disconnecting the battery, you set everything back to their default settings.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red