Spyder Garage

Default Any way to adjust the idle on my 09 SM5??

Hi guy's , just asking if their is a way to adjust the idle on my 09 SM5 . It's runs around 1400 and 1450 at idle . Took the side panels off , but still hard to see around front of the throttle body . I did see a screw with blue loctite on it that might do it . But not sure . thanks guys guys
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-28-2022 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2009 Roadster SM5 , Silver and Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hi guy's , just asking if their is a way to adjust the idle on my 09 SM5 . It's runs around 1400 and 1450 at idle . Took the side panels off , but still hard to see around front of the throttle body . I did see a screw with blue loctite on it that might do it . But not sure . thanks guys
    Gilly, don’t touch that. Idle speed on the 998 is not adjustable. You’ll just screw up throttle body operation if you screw with that screw. 1400 - 1450 is only slightly high. If it stays that high at hot idle, and if you’re really worried about it, check for a vacuum leak and run some Seafoam through it in case you have a dribbling injector.

You’ve got some small vacuum lines on the left side of the throttle body. Two for the MAP sensor, and I think you also have one on your version of the fuel pressure regulator. Also inspect the rubber mounting boot of the throttle body for cracks and tightness of the hose clamps. On the right side you have the purge valve line and clutch assist line. I understand that you had some clutch work done recently. Maybe look at that.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks Doug , I will double check the lines and add the seafoam asap . Just seem to start all of a sudden . Thanks for the heads up on not adjustable idle also .
    2009 Roadster SM5 , Silver and Black