Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Mine was $478.40 for the same, due next month. It did go up a few dollars since last year.
    I believe mine went up a little over last year. Not by too much.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance Rates

...Welcome to the wonderful world of Insurance company Rates.
    Some Rates are not very good.
    Others are down right ridiculous.
    Some are affordable but really don't cover much.

Just check out every single detail.
    You gets what you pay for most times.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I've done some shopping around. The big expense is collision. Without Collision added I can get it around $300 a year. I've checked with Progressive, Dairyland, Safeco, and Gieco so far. All are $1000.00 per year or more. With Gieco if I raise the deductible to $1000, It brings the rate down to $758 a year. I don't really like raising the deductible that high.
    The Foremost web sight wants me to go to a local agent for a quote. I'll try and get by one this week and see what they say. I'd be more comfortable with $500 deductible ($250 would be best) and a yearly cost around $600.
    2022 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I could be wrong but I don't think a BRP dealership's service department would do a no cost collision estimate. Not unless they were going to do the repair. JMHO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try Markel insurance. They specialize in motorcycle ins. I pay $76/year
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Try Markel insurance. They specialize in motorcycle ins. I pay $76/year
    What kind of coverage can you get for $76 per year?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-01-2022 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just got my renewal bill on my 2018 GMC Canyon from State Farm, which is 20% higher than before. I was told that the increase is due to 3 factors;

1. I turned 75 putting me into a higher risk category
    2. With 4 years' worth of claims experience on my model and year vehicle, its risk factor for loss has increased
    3. My state (Utah) has seen a 10-15% increase in rates overall due to inflation and risk factors

No word yet on what my Spyder premium will be upon renewal
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I just got my renewal bill on my 2018 GMC Canyon from State Farm, which is 20% higher than before. I was told that the increase is due to 3 factors;

1. I turned 75 putting me into a higher risk category
    2. With 4 years' worth of claims experience on my model and year vehicle, its risk factor for loss has increased
    3. My state (Utah) has seen a 10-15% increase in rates overall due to inflation and risk factors

No word yet on what my Spyder premium will be upon renewal

I finally found Insurance at a cost I can live with through All State. 50K/100K, $250 deductibles, and uninsured motorist for $650 a year.

Spyder Garage

I go through Dairyland and pay 47 for full coverage a month for both on both of our 21 RTL Spyders. Cost has a lot to due with where you live, age, how long you have had an endorsement, driving record and credit score.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    What kind of coverage can you get for $76 per year?
    Just enough to meet registration requirements and no more.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Just enough to meet registration requirements and no more.
    Hope you never have to find out how short that coverage really is if you are ever the cause of someone's injury. Or do you have good personal liability coverage through a homeowner's policy?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Hope you never have to find out how short that coverage really is if you are ever the cause of someone's injury. Or do you have good personal liability coverage through a homeowner's policy?
    That's Joel the Biker's premium, not mine. Mine is $465/year. Did you see the commercial where the man and woman told the judge they've sold everything and all they have left was the savings for their son's college education, and the suing attorney said to the judge, we'll take that too?
    Last edited by 2dogs; 09-18-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 Limited
    Chino Valley, AZ

100-300k. BI/PD/L
    100-300k. uninsured motorist
    100-300k. underinsured motorist
    no medical
    Comp 375 deductible
    Collision 375 deductible
    Roadside assistance
    Carried contents 1k/250 deductible
    Accessories 3k
    Physical Damage actual cash value
    Disappearing deductible
    Safety riding gear. 500

Annual premium $338
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Missouri here .. 47 and no tickets. New rider. $30/month with progressive.

Spyder Garage

I'm using Progressive.
    My annual premium is $468.
    That's for all 12 months.
    Some companies sell a 6 month policy which can save money, but I like the freedom of going out for a ride during a warm winter day.
    I know, warm is relative, but sometimes it can hit 40°F in Jan and Feb.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Allstate 12 months

Coverage detail for 2013 Can-Am Spyder St
    Coverage Limits Deductible Premium
    Automobile Liability Insurance Not applicable $78.00
    • Bodily Injury $50,000 each person
    $100,000 each accident
    (Passenger Liability is included)
    • Property Damage $50,000 each accident
    Auto Comprehensive Insurance Actual cash value $500 $91.40
    Uninsured Motorists Insurance $107.90
    • Bodily Injury $50,000 each person
    $100,000 each accident
    Not applicable
    • Property Damage $20,000 each accident As Stated In Policy
    Medical Payments $5,000 each person $500 $71.90
    Total premium for 2013 Can-Am Spyder St $349.20
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    How about hearing from some folks who had to use their insurance? So far excellent with Famers. Wifey killed two deer with her jeep for about $5K each and some hail damage at $8K. Paid $3K for a lifetime factory warranty. She threw a cam chain at 200,500 miles for another $8.5K and that insurance paid to install a long block Hemi. No hassle on any of these claims.
    Re: Handling of a claim by the Ins Company.
    I Had a new Triumph Tiger 1200 with 3k miles and hit a deer 70 miles from home. I straightened the handlebars and rode home with no issues except tupperware damage. The bike cost $21,000, 3 months old. Progressive totaled the bike and paid full price plus new helmet, jacket, gloves, & pants. I walked away with no cost for a 3 month 'test ride' since the 1st loan payment was set for 6 months from purchase. The deer didn't make out as well!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I think the minimum in CA is for liability and is about what most people carry for liability anyway. Could be wrong about that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think the minimum in CA is for liability and is about what most people carry for liability anyway. Could be wrong about that.
    That may be true, the minimum coverage is Ca. is 15K/30K . That can be used up very fast in an accident. It leaves you open to a civil law suit for any balance that the insurance doesn't cover.

Spyder Garage

I paid $250 with Progressive for a 2021 RT (With Towing and 3K Accessories coverage) . Plymouth Rock wanted $650 for less coverage on the Spyder.

For some reason Progressive charges more than twice as much for a Harley Trike.

Plymouth Rock (formally Rider Insurance ) charges twice as much for the Spyder than A Harley trike. I don't get why, I think the Harley trike is more of a risk of an accident then the Spyder.
    Last edited by tntnj; 10-23-2022 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Ins Company name

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue with Progressive. Paid my premium in full then they sent me a letter in the mail wanting me to sign a declination statement for the underinsured coverage. I refused, so they sent me another bill which doubled my premium. I went to Geico and got the same insurance premium for $200 less and turned around and dropped Progressive.

Spyder Garage

Lol come to Canada your gonna pay double.1300 bucks full coverage for mine.
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I also pay about $1200 from BC, Canada for full coverage, such as $2 million liability. Similar coverage for my 2017 Subaru Forester Limited is about $800 per year.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

I was digging around for information regarding a similar question on a FB group and I found this information online. While it may not apply to this particular situation I thought was good Gee Wiz information. These are some of the things that determine your auto insurance premiums.

Your driving record – The better your record, the lower your premium. If you've had accidents or serious traffic violations, it's likely you'll pay more than if you have a clean driving record. You may also pay more if you're a new driver without an insurance track record.

How much you use your car – The more miles you drive, the more chance for accidents so you'll pay more if you drive your car for work, or use it to commute long distances. If you drive only occasionally—what some companies call “pleasure use"—you'll pay less.

Location, location, location – Due to higher rates of vandalism, theft and accidents, urban drivers pay a higher auto insurance price than those in small towns or rural areas. Where you park your car (on the street or in a secure garage) and anti-theft features may impact the bottom line as well. Other factors that affect premium price that can vary from one area or state to another are: cost and frequency of litigation; medical care and car repair costs; prevalence of auto insurance fraud; and weather trends.

Your age – In general, mature drivers have fewer accidents than less experienced drivers, particularly teenagers. Insurers generally charge more if teenagers or young people below age 25 drive your car.

Your gender – Statistically, women tend to get into fewer accidents, have fewer driver-under-the-influence accidents (DUIs) and—most importantly—have less serious accidents than men. So all other things being equal, women often pay less for auto insurance than their male counterparts.

The car you drive – The cost of your car is a major factor in the cost to insure it. Other variables include the likelihood of theft, the cost of repairs, its engine size and the overall safety record of the car. Automobiles with high quality safety equipment might qualify for premium discounts. Insurers not only look at how safe a particular vehicle is to drive and how well it protects occupants, but also how much potential damage it can inflict on another car. If a specific vehicle model has a higher chance of inflicting damage when in an accident, an insurer may charge more for liability insurance.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Your age – In general, mature drivers have fewer accidents than less experienced drivers, particularly teenagers. Insurers generally charge more if teenagers or young people below age 25 drive your car.
    I wonder how teens compare to senior drivers, especially those, say, over 75? A local driving tester told me one time that seniors have scared him the most when going out with them for a driving test. He said teens are actually quite good drivers because their senses and reactions make them more alert than what seniors are.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)