Thread: Repair day

Spyder Garage

Default Repair day

Having waited since last Oct for the part to come in for my bike, today was the day for the repair. I brought my bike in to the dealership right at 9:00am for the scheduled repair. They were excellent in keeping me updated on the status.

At one point the Service Tech came back and told me it was going to be longer then expected, since they had to remove pretty much the whole front end to snake the wiring through to where it needed to be.

I anticipated that it was going to be a several hour job, so I brought my laptop, cash for the snack machines and a couple of bologna sandwich's, intending to sit in the Customer Waiting Room and watch YouTube videos while I waited. I found a wall socket that I could plug my laptop into, so I was optimistic.

Then came the dreaded update. Service Tech came back and told me the left hand multifunction switch is installed and working fine. However now the right hand multifunction switch was malfunctioning. I asked if that was the one that started the bike and he said it was. I asked if they had one of those on the shelf and he said they were working to figure out what was going on, but would keep me appraised.

A little later a different Tech came out and told me they still didn't know why this problem came up, but they were going to take the right hand switch off another bike and slap it on mine to see if that would solve the problem. After about six hours the same Tech came out and told me it was working fine and now they had to put the bike together again.

Fortunately I honed my patience over twenty years in the military, whose unofficial motto is "Hurry up and wait". I'll re[prt back when I know more.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

THAT is a great dealer/dealer mechanic/team you have there. Kudo's to them for even considering the RH console swap.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Here's my update. My dealership replaced both the left and right hand multifunction switches. The right hand switch was replaced with one taken off another Spyder. In addition, they also performed the sprocket recall inspection which my bike passed. And finally to compensate me for the extended wait time I experienced, they picked up the fifty dollar deductible that I would have been responsible to pay. Am I glad I opted for the extended warranty when I purchased my Spyder? Well without the extended warranty, todays repair would have cost me a little over twelve hundred ($1,262.00) dollars. With the extended warranty, todays repair cost me $1.75 for a bottle of Coke in the Customer Waiting Area. So yea I'm a little bit giddy right about now. Kudos to Erick and his crew at Allsport PowerSports in Liberty Lake, WA. This place is a class act.
    Last edited by gkamer; 08-27-2022 at 07:41 PM.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your dealer treated you so well.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

While my manual downshifts were hit and miss before the replacement, they are instant now. As soon as I hit the downshift paddle, my bike responds immediately. Yeah, I'm happy now folks.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Glad they got you fixed up and back on the rode. Sounds like you have a great dealership there .
    Good looking Spyder you have. Looks like mine.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Partzman23 View Post
    Glad they got you fixed up and back on the rode. Sounds like you have a great dealership there .
    Good looking Spyder you have. Looks like mine.
    Thanks man, yeah these are some pretty stand up guys.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Good Deal

...You know what they say, Good Things must come sometime. Glad you are up and running on your Spyder.

Enjoy your Ryde Times and Stay Safe. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I like hearing about good dealerships/service departments. Thanks for sharing.
    2022 Sea to Sky