Spyder Garage

Default Any issues Swapping to the newer one piece rear rim?

I have a dented 2013 two piece rear rim I’d like to replace with a 2015 or newer one piece rear rim. Anyone know of any fitment issues?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2022 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

I've done that to a few Spyders so far.... one of which has already done almost 100,000 km on it; & I haven't found or heard from their owners of any problems yet?!

You should be good to go; and the new rim oughta work juuust a bit better than the dented discard!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I've done that to a few Spyders so far.... one of which has already done almost 100,000 km on it; & I haven't found or heard from their owners of any problems yet?!

You should be good to go; and the new rim oughta work juuust a bit better than the dented discard!

Good Luck!
    Because the newer rear wheels have the HUBS permanently attached some folks worried that it would be difficult for Tire machines to work on , but that isn't the case. I just had my rear tire done and I didn't have to take my HUB off for them to do it. So essentially they are the same. ...... Mike PS