Spyder Garage

Default Will this Continental fit on my 2013 ST?

Will a Continental 165/60/R15 fit on my 2013 St?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbz View Post
    Yes, but only on the front.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just a heads up Conti's are not in the top 3 to-5 tires that will fit ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

It was the only one I could fine that I hope will fit. Going on this afternoon.
    Not much available.

Spyder Garage

It was the only one I could fine that I hope will fit. Going on this afternoon.
    Not much available.
    Look at " Tire Rack " .... and if you buy it there .... AND DON'T TALK ABOUT IT TO ANYONE at Tire Rack..... just pick your size and Order it ...... goodluck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes, as mentioned, the Continental will fit just fine. However, there are better options. I've got several very happy customers on Veredestein Quatrac tires. There is a 165/60/15 and a 175/55/15 available for the front of the 15" Spyders. I like both but the 175/55 really fills out the wheel well for a better look.

Watch this video if you need some convincing.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...es#testResults

The 165 is the same width and slightly taller. The 175 is wider than the 165 but not quite as tall (though a bit taller than the OEM tire).

The Quatrac-5 was a very good tire. But check out the improvement on the new version. I really take notice of the Wet Traction. As this is where you really need help with the Spyder. Especially on car tires.

Vredestien.png

The Michelin Cross Climate+ (Blue Line) is an excellent tire. Unfortunately, it is not in a size we can use on the Spyder. Interestingly it has the same type of tire tread as the Vredestien Quatrac (Green Line). As you can see, the Vredestien definitely holds it's own against a very good tire in the categories that matter most to Spyder Ryders.
    Vredestien1.jpg

As I said, they both work very well. But don't give Tire Rack any information about what you're putting the tires on or they won't sell them to you.

EDIT Note: Just got off the phone with Tire Rack. I really like these guys. They try not to bash a product. But other than that, they seem pretty straight up to me. I wanted to ask about the Continental and Veredestien tires I have discussed here because I can't find a head-to-head comparison that I feel good about. They told me that definitely, especially for wet, the Veredestien is the way to go in the tire sizes I gave them. I wish they made a 225/50/15. Or at least a 215. But you have to go to a 205 to get a tire that will fit the rear of a Spyder.

Which really isn't as bad as it sounds. The 205 still gives you a good amount of rubber on the ground. And the taller tire brings the speedo more in line with reality. But cosmetically, I really like the wide 225.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-26-2022 at 07:39 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Yes, as mentioned, the Continental will fit just fine. However, there are better options. I've got several very happy customers on Veredestein Quatrac tires. There is a 165/60/15 and a 175/55/15 available for the front of the 15" Spyders. I like both but the 175/55 really fills out the wheel well for a better look.

Watch this video if you need some convincing.
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...es#testResults

The 165 is the same width and slightly taller. The 175 is wider than the 165 but not quite as tall (though a bit taller than the OEM tire).

The Quatrac-5 was a very good tire. But check out the improvement on the new version. I really take notice of the Wet Traction. As this is where you really need help with the Spyder. Especially on car tires.

Vredestien.png

The Michelin Cross Climate+ (Blue Line) is an excellent tire. Unfortunately, it is not in a size we can use on the Spyder. Interestingly it has the same type of tire tread as the Vredestien Quatrac (Green Line). As you can see, the Vredestien definetly holds it's own agains at very good tire in the categories that matter most to Spyder Ryders.
    Vredestien1.jpg

As I said, they both work very well. But don't give Tire Rack any information about what you're putting the tires on or they won't sell them to you.

EDIT Note: Just got off the phone with Tire Rack. I really like these guys. They try not to bash a product. But other than that, they seem pretty straight up to me. I wanted to ask about the Continental and Veredestien tires I have discussed here because I can't find a head-to-head comparison that I feel good about. They told me that definitely, especially for wet, the Veredestien is the way to go in the tire sizes I gave them. I wish they made a 225/50/15. Or at least a 215. But you have to go to a 205 to get a tire that will fit the rear of a Spyder.

Which really isn't as bad as it sounds. The 205 still gives you a good amount of rubber on the ground. And the taller tire brings the speedo more in line with reality. But cosmetically, I really like the wide 225.
    Let me add to Ron's EDIT: Tire rack's over-all rating for the Conti's is pretty dismal, especially if add in it's cost ( $124.42 ) .... And for any Spyder the tire ... WIDTH ... is immaterial .... WHY .... because the Nannie's will over-ride any higher traction tire .... Ultimately the " Nannie's " WILL decide how fast you can go thru turns, the tires have very little input in determining your MAX speed ..... Mike PS the new RIKEN HR comes in 215/60 - 15 if you really like the look of a wide tire .... and it's a great tire at a great price ....Mike