Spyder Garage

Default Stuck parking brake - is this LH Multi switch related, or what?

I had to go out of town for a funeral. The day before I left I planned to move my Spyder to our storage shed. When I released the parking brake, the dash light kept blinking on and off and the parking brake would not release. I shut the bike off, removed the key and went inside. About 30 minutes later I tried again with the same result.

I hit the parking brake button, applied a little throttle in 1st gear but the bike refused to move. The light kept blinking. I then shifted into Reverse with the same result. When I shifted back into first, I felt the bike nudge ever so slightly and when I applied throttle the bike rode as normal, though the parking brake light continued to blink.

I rode it to the storage shed and shut it down. When I returned to town six days later I went to get the bike. I turned it on, released the parking brake but the light just kept blinking. Same situation as before I left town. I used the forward/reverse method as earlier and the 2nd time I sifted into 1st gear I again felt that slight nudge and the brake released, though the light kept blinking. I was able to ride it with no noticeable problems.

I’m scheduled to have the left hand multifunction switch replaced this Saturday. Since the parking brake release is on that same switch do you think that could be the cause of this issue? I should mention I always step on the brake before pressing the brake release button. I don’t know if it’s needed but I feel safer doing that.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-23-2022 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question + Reserve - Reverse ;-)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

When mine did that it was the parking brake motor itself - and it needed to be replaced.
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I'll bring that up to the Service Tech when I go in on Saturday.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited