Spyder Garage

Default Suspension Fault on 2022 RT Ltd - any opinions?

Similar to others that I have read about on the forum, my 2022 RT Limited is getting "Suspension Faults." While back to look at it at the dealership they did find an air leak in the system and corrected that. But, I am still getting the fault, and there is no rhyme nor reason when or why it happens. Yes, my leveler is attached.

Doing some investigatory work myself, I am able to replicate the fault.

I drop some air from the system, so I know that once running and in gear it will call for air.

Sitting on the bike, in gear with the brake off, I hear the compressor come on. It runs for EXACTLY 2 seconds and shuts off. Then there is a 10 second pause and the compressor comes on and runs for 2 seconds again. It does this 2 second/10 second evolution for 5 to 6 minutes, then throws the Suspension Fault notification and the compressor will not run any longer.

On my 2014 RT, the compressor would come on and run constant until it completed its task -- so I am assuming that is what should happen with the 2022. (Correct?)

My educated guess is that the switch/relay that is calling for air is not working properly???

Opinions?

Yes, I will be headed back to the dealer to tell them my findings.

Bob
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

What is the air pressure doing when checked at the schrader valve during this process?
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Found it between 40-50
    --
    Bob L.
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Found it between 40-50
    I would monitor it while it is going through it's on and off process but if you can't do that, drop the pressure down to 20 or so, then let it go through it's routine to see if it has pumped it back up at all. My suspicion is that the sensor that monitors level isn't working right.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

This can really only be solved by using BUDS. There is a specific procedure to set the "basic" ride height using spacer blocks under the frame, and telling BUDS to initialize with those settings. One block sets the upper limit, and one sets the lower limit. Once recorded by BUDS, the systems maintains these dimensions.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, as it does it’s 2 second dance it does add air. Yes, the dealer has done the block and Buds settings.

I think it is the sensor, too.
    --
    Bob L.
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Mine is doing the same Dealership can’t get ahold of BRP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Yes, as it does it’s 2 second dance it does add air. Yes, the dealer has done the block and Buds settings.

I think it is the sensor, too.
    I bought my bike around July of 2022 and had the fault code go off. After months of waiting we found that there was a part missing. After some search they found the part and all was good. Not 7 months later I am riding and the sensor goes off. No reason, no bumps, no rough roads, no odd feeling in the bike. Now I usually ride alone but this time had my teenager son on the back. Before it would go off within a few moments of driving.

What was found on the your issue? I will take mine back to get checked out just hate that its almost 2 hour driver to the shop.

Spyder Garage

Mine ended up being the compressor. Once they replaced that I have been fine. Good luck!
    --
    Bob L.
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Natascha View Post
    I bought my bike around July of 2022 and had the fault code go off. After months of waiting we found that there was a part missing. After some search they found the part and all was good. Not 7 months later I am riding and the sensor goes off. No reason, no bumps, no rough roads, no odd feeling in the bike. Now I usually ride alone but this time had my teenager son on the back. Before it would go off within a few moments of driving.

What was found on the your issue? I will take mine back to get checked out just hate that its almost 2 hour driver to the shop.
    It's a fine system when it works right, but changing it over to a manual fill is cheaper, and a lot more dependable. My 2 cents
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's a fine system when it works right, but changing it over to a manual fill is cheaper, and a lot more dependable. My 2 cents
    Not on the later models where the auto adjust bag is primarily a leveller to ensure your LED headlights aren’t blinding oncoming traffic though, Mikey

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Not on the later models where the auto adjust bag is primarily a leveller to ensure your LED headlights aren’t blinding oncoming traffic though, Mikey

Pete
    The system works now the same now, as it did when my bike was built, I would bet a paycheck on that. It may be imbedded into the computer more, but the theory's the same. It wants the bike at a set level, and if it doesn't see it, it throws a fit. If the bike is at it's happy spot or above, it's loving life. Now you have realize that the air bag is more than just a leveler, it's part of your suspension and if you have ever lost or blown your pump or bag up, you would know that in hurry, it is the worse ride you'll ever have! The rear shock is more of a dampener that shock and by it's self it will not give you much of a ride. So I found that as much as I would adjust the air on my bag on the fly for a stiffer or softer ride, it was not worth the money to fix the system to auto fill! Set it, and forget it, and be done with it! Works for me and a lot more of us out there. Easy Pezzi
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The system works now the same now, as it did when my bike was built, I would bet a paycheck on that. It may be imbedded into the computer more, but the theory's the same. It wants the bike at a set level, and if it doesn't see it, it throws a fit. If the bike is at it's happy spot or above, it's loving life. Now you have realize that the air bag is more than just a leveler, it's part of your suspension and if you have ever lost or blown your pump or bag up, you would know that in hurry, it is the worse ride you'll ever have! The rear shock is more of a dampener that shock and by it's self it will not give you much of a ride. So I found that as much as I would adjust the air on my bag on the fly for a stiffer or softer ride, it was not worth the money to fix the system to auto fill! Set it, and forget it, and be done with it! Works for me and a lot more of us out there. Easy Pezzi
    All I was saying was that the air bag level wasn’t as critical on the pre LED headlight models, Mikey

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red