Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

If you paint it black it would be a harder target.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    I have ridden through all of the continental US states several times, especially Co, UT, WY, MT, two trips to Alaska, Yellowknife, Dawson City, and across Newfoundland. Took a one gallon gas container strapped to passenger floorboard on first trip to Alaska from KY and did not need it. I have yet to run out of gas. Use good judgement when in areas where fuel is not plentiful and fill up when opportunity presents itself. Do not run tank down like you are at home.
    My first trip to California in 1979 on a Honda CX 500. The tank was 2.9 gallons good for 113 miles. I strapped a 2 gallon tank to me rack. Only time I need the extra fuel was on Highway 50 I think in Utah. Sigh saying no gas for 140 plus miles. Even being full I could not have made it with out the extra gas. Even now I still wil carry extra gas cause I have seen to place that I was able to fill up that fuel is not available anymore.
    2010 RT
    2015 Ural
    1980 & 1982 R65 BMW
    1975 R90/6 BMW
    1956 Triumph TR3A

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm coming late to the party, so I'm assuming others have made these same comments.
    In fact, my suggestions are so dumb, I'd be disappointed if someone hasn't made them already.

Brilliant idea. BRILLIANT.
    I have two suggestions to simplify the installation.
    1) You could simply use a REDA gas can (they are available again). These are very tough cans made for motorcycle use.
    https://www.amazon.com/REDA-Innovati...7-93deae8f9840
    2) Simply strap the can in place with a shock cord. I just tried it out and the can is held in place very solid. This way
    you don't have to make any permanent modifications to your Spyder. It's so solid, I'd have no reservation of taking this on the road.
    Did I say your idea was Brilliant?

This is AWESOME! So simple and inexpensive too. But now does it not move from side to side away from the bike? I see how the cords keep it from hopping off, but when you hit a bump or sharp turn, what keeps it from edging slowing away from the bike and falling off the edge?
    Last edited by ollicat; 09-03-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Just checking, You did all those rides on a Spyder with no fuel anxiety, or were you on an adventure bike or other? Most Adventure bikes far exceed the Spyder's range, some get 300 ~ 400 on a stock tank so would be comfortable compared to our Spyder's 200 ~ 250 mile range.
    That's my problem in a nutshell - I ride with adventure bikes and end up going where they go i.e. no gas for a very long way:-)
    DSC03718.jpg