Spyder Garage

Default How to report a scam?

I just got an email from "Bleugold" telling me

Hey Mate,
    Are you still looking?
    Contact Jeff, he has one available for sale in at a fair price... Pm him jefftimothy223@garbagemail.DO NOT USE

This is an email scam that is similar to one on the Indian Forums that pop up from time to time telling someone who was in the WTB section to contact another person off-line to buy an item that they always seem to have. The interesting part is they almost always 'Just Joined" the forum or have only recently started posting. Once purchased/money gets transferred they disappear without ever shipping the parts. In the past I have played with them and gotten them to give a huge price reduction; give a military discount to a veteran from the Spanish/Canadian war (no such thing); match prices of made-up places on the web; etc. Today, I am just tired and wanted to warn others. I could not find a button to report it to admin.

Have a great day.
    John
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-20-2023 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Amended email address to stop anyone using! :-/

Spyder Garage

There is no user registered on this site with that username?
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Dang. Just welcomed them.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revrent View Post
    I just got an email from "Bleugold" telling me

Hey Mate,
    Are you still looking?
    Contact Jeff he has one available for sale in at a fair price.. Pm him jefftimothy223@garbagemail.DO NOT USE

...... Today I am just tired and wanted to warn others. I could not find a button to report it to admin.

Have a great day
    John
    In the bottom left of every post there's a few symbols, including a small triangle with an exclamation mark in it - simply click on that symbol in the post you are concerned about/the first post of a dodgy thread; then fill in the details of your concern; and submit the report to imediately send a msg/email to every Moderator, Admin, & Founder regardless of them being logged in or not so that any necessary action can be taken ASAP - it's a MUCH quicker way of getting action taken than posting a thread or sending a PM, it always identifies the correct (dodgy?) poster instead of risking misspelling it, and it also avoids the possibility of 'outing' someone who may not truly warrant such action.

And if they haven't posted anything (yet) so you can't report a post as above, but they've contacted you otherwise, then please notify Admin &/or any/all of the Mods via PM or the Contact Us link down the bottom of every Forum page & provide all the detail you have, especially their username & any other identification detail! In order to stop them targeting others, we need their ID details on the Forum, ideally their username, but anything/everything else is also helpful; so if you have them, please detail things like their email address, how they contacted you, what makes you think it's a scammer, etc.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display & added non-post details
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!