Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Thanks Jetfixer and UtahPete for the diagrams.
    I'M all done for today. Been at it since 8:00 this morning and it's now 8:00PM. Kept me up last night thinking about it.
    Taking this thing apart with a sore back is not fun especially when you have to figure out what panel to take off next and how without breaking it.
    Didn't get to ignition switch yet but your help maybe I won't have to.
    Will give it another shot tomorrow after I dug out my power probe and will give me the voltages on the circuit's.
    With the schematics you guys gave me maybe I have a shot.
    Thanks again
    2015 RT Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikergirl View Post
    Didn't get to ignition switch yet but your help maybe I won't have to.
    It's not the ignition switch. You say the fuel pump turns off and on when open/close the kill switch. The kill switch takes a terminal of the ECM to ground. That indicates the ECM is powered up and the only way that can happen is if the ignition switch feeds power to the ECM. Also, the fuel pump ground circuit is controlled by the ECM.

I think it might be relay R2, prestart relay. Check to see if it's loose. In fact, check all the relays for looseness.

The controls, circuits, and current paths are complicated on a Spyder. Just because one button or switch causes something to operate does not mean that button or switch is connected directly to the item. That's why you need to get the service manual and look at the wiring diagram!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)