Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Good theory, but surely if that was the case, they wouldn’t have included the ability to simply downshift to turn off the CC and slow without showing brake lights, Idaho ?

Pete
    Up shift also turns off CC.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Up shift also turns off CC.
    Not if you're in 6th gear .
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-24-2022 at 07:25 PM. Reason: your (implies subject belongs to you) - you're (contraction of you are) %-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ron1026 View Post
    Not if you're in 6th gear .
    Then you can't upshift. Upshift does cancel cruise control. Idaho is absolutely right. What you are implying is that downshifting from first gear does not cancel cruise control either. You can't downshift from first gear so same situation.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Gee……we are really making a mountain out of a molehill here. Most unlike Spyderlovers Most people are running in 6th on a freeway. That is the reason I only said “downshift” as there is no upshift possible. Of course CC will cancel if you downshift OR upshift if that option is available to you

Besides that, my comment was in relation to Idaho saying that BRP wanted you to use your brakes to show the vehicle behind that you were braking. I was simply pointing out the flaw in that argument, but it has now been taken down a different, effectively unrelated, rat hole

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-25-2022 at 04:40 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Then you can't upshift. Upshift does cancel cruise control. Idaho is absolutely right. What you are implying is that downshifting from first gear does not cancel cruise control either. You can't downshift from first gear so same situation.
    Yes you are right you can't upshift if in 6th gear. But my goldwing if you were in top gear ( 7 ) and hit the upshift button it would disengage cruise control.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ron1026 View Post
    Yes you are right you can't upshift if in 6th gear. But my goldwing if you were in top gear ( 7 ) and hit the upshift button it would disengage cruise control.
    Would have been very nice if BRP had incorporated a setup where when cruise control is engaged in sixth gear at upper highway speeds, selecting the paddle in the upshift direction would disengage the cruise control.

Certainly no plans to accomplish a 6>5 downshift at 80 mph, and tapping the brakes at that speed is a bit odd too, but what is required. With the fragility of many of the Spyder controls, I too leave the cruise control always on.

Years ago, I sorted out the electrics to utilize a cruise control disengage system. Just never took the time to wire it up. Maybe it is time to revisit this and make it happen.

Spyder Garage

Bingo,works for me

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerjack99 View Post
    Bingo,works for me
    ???????????? What post are you replying too?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tap on the brake. It trips the Cruise control and sort of warns the guy behind me I'm dropping speed.

Sometimes I'll drop a gear due to a need to drop a gear knowing it will trip the CC
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White