Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just repaired a problem very similar. Turned out to be loose battery terminals.
    Battery was new but bad out of the box.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    GWHIZZ -- I was kinda hoping maybe overheating due to low coolant but the ungraceful nature of your shutdown and the codes you described really point to a CANBUS problem. Since the left-hand switch module is a critical node I suggest you follow gkamer's path and look at these posts

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1617908

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1617866

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1617863
    I am told - several times now, and by several dealers - that the TSB for this does not apply to my VIN. So far, BRP is wanting dealer to restore to factory settings, remove my chargers from battery tender and on handlebars (GPS), and replace my Lithium Ion battery with BRP Spyder battery. Since I have not personally changed any factory settings, no issues there. Perhaps the battery is contributing somehow to the intermittent problem as it is now 5 years old (but still tests ok on load). Let's see how this plays out. I just want it fixed right.

Spyder Garage

Well, after much research and calling BRP 3X, I do believe that the "lithium ion" battery may be somehow contributing to my stalling issues - not be the best kind of battery to put in a Spyder. I bought bike like this from pvt. owner and discovered this the first time I pulled the frunk bucket out of curiosity. I personally would have put in a better battery, like Yuasa, from the start. Anyways, wish me the best. I do believe putting in a new Yuasa will fix my ills.
    Last edited by GWHIZZ; 06-03-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GWHIZZ View Post
    Well, after much research and calling BRP 3X, I do believe that the "lithium ion" battery may be somehow contributing to my stalling issues - not be the best kind of battery to put in a Spyder. I bought bike like this from pvt. owner and discovered this the first time I pulled the frunk bucket out of curiosity. I personally would have put in a better battery, like Yuasa, from the start. Anyways, wish me the best. I do believe putting in a new Yuasa will fix my ills.
    Did the new battery fix it?
    Mine: 2016 Indian Springfield & 2021 Indian Roadmaster
    Wife: 2018 Can-am Spyder F3 Limited Pearl White
    2018 F3 Limited , Pearl White