Spyder Garage

Default chirp squeak little bird

Looking for some insight for a chirping /squeaking sound after the bike has been running for awhile. 2017 F3 LTD. It happens when I brake but also after when I take foot off brake and I'm stopped. The sound comes from the front , back and sometimes it sounds like right under my seat. On Monday it goes in for recall check, oil change and now to find out what this sound is. It sounds like it usually comes from left side. Could it be brakes? A symptom of the sprocket and belt? I'm stumped. Any insight is helpful.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstella101 View Post
    Looking for some insight for a chirping /squeaking sound after the bike has been running for awhile. 2017 F3 LTD. It happens when I brake but also after when I take foot off brake and I'm stopped. The sound comes from the front , back and sometimes it sounds like right under my seat. On Monday it goes in for recall check, oil change and now to find out what this sound is. It sounds like it usually comes from left side. Could it be brakes? A symptom of the sprocket and belt? I'm stumped. Any insight is helpful.
    Make sure Everything is tight ..... my Rotors are older than yours and are still TRUE ...... Can you jack up your spyders and SPIN the front wheels ????? ..... keep us informed ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike- gonna have to borrow my neighbors jack to check- When I look at the rotors they look good- I'm not sure what good looks like- there are no grooves in rotor.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstella101 View Post
    Thanks Mike- gonna have to borrow my neighbors jack to check- When I look at the rotors they look good- I'm not sure what good looks like- there are no grooves in rotor.
    Looks can / are deceiving ...... 1 mm off is going to cause a problem ..... If you have a concern that the rotor may be warped, remove it from the wheel and put it a well supported piece of glass .... then try and slide a thin piece of paper under it , try in at least 8 places ...... if warped this will tell you ..... good luck ....Mike