Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fetermel View Post
    Not true, at least in my case. My wife and I went for a ride last Sunday [both have 2013 STS] both started right up in the garage, stopped and put gas on, started fine again. About an hour ride to our destination and when we going to leave hers was completely dead. I tried my jump pack, wouldn't even turn it over. Long story short, I ended up taking my month old battery out of my spyder and putting in hers to start it and then I took it out and reinstalled the dead one, While it was running. Wasn't sure if this was going to work but it did, ran just fine until we got back home. Put my load tester on it when we got home and as soon I hit the load button it killed the motor instantly. Putting in a new one Today.
    Yes it is true. Anyway done with this topic carry on.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Ok. Now try it on a Spyder with the battery that is bad. We are not comparing it to a generator right now. If the battery on a Spyder goes bad it will not run or start. Jump pack may turn it over but will not get you home.
    OK, my goof. I read your comment as being a blanket statement and didn't think about the fact that since this discussion is in a Spyder forum you were focusing your comment solely on Spyders. I have no experience starting, or trying to start, a Spyder with a totally dead battery, and figured a Spyder would respond the same as other equipment. My experience is all non-Spyder related.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I probably need a new battery. Any recommendations? Also I never thought about a small battery pack to travel with. Any recommendations there also?

2017 Spyder RTL

Mods
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    Mesh Intake covers
    LED Skidplate
    LED Headlights and Foglights
    TricLED Dual Color LED A-Arm Running Light Strips with Blinker
    12V Cell Phone / GPS Docking Station with Dual USB Charge Ports
    Quick detatch backrest
    Show Chrome RT Trunk Rack
    Show Chrome Short Spiral Radio Antenna
    Custom Airbrushed paint with ghost flames

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I don't agree. We have a generator at the home farm that has a deader than door nail battery which we use a jump start battery to start. Works just fine. Also, the Yuasa battery in my ATV decided to take a dump. After an hour charge at 10 amps it was still totally 100% dead, but started just fine while the charger was connected.
    Yup.battery on my Jenny is always dead come spring when I get home in the spring.I put the old tender on it maybe couple hrs and it starts right up.
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RULINGCHAOS View Post
    I probably need a new battery. Any recommendations? Also I never thought about a small battery pack to travel with. Any recommendations there also?
    I see you are fairly new to the forum. When you, or anyone, has a question of this sort please do a search on the forum before asking for recommendations. Why? This forum is is on the order of 15 years old and Spyders have been using the same battery since day one. Therefore this exact issue has been discussed dozens, if not hundreds, of times through the years with many different recommendations being made. There is no firm consensus on what replacement battery is the best. One consensus among many users is that for overall value the OEM battery is a very good choice. But you must charge it correctly before putting it into use.

By doing a search you will discover many more options than you are likely to receive in response to new post. Good, bad, or indifferent, the fact is forum members do get tired of answering the same question time and again.

If you do not find the info you are seeking after doing a search, then make a post and say so. You'll get good answers.

Also, be sure to check the date of the last post in a thread. Many times it's better to make a new thread which will catch more attention than a post tagged onto a dormant thread that was last used maybe years ago.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-09-2023 at 07:02 PM. Reason: post - thread ;-)

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Need a New Battery? ? ?

...Well, if you don't want to get stuck on the road and then wait for 3 or 4 hours for some help.
    A little Tip on the battery...... How old is your battery?
    Four or more years?
    I would change it out with a New Battery.

Battery 1 to 3 years old.
    Are you able to load test a battery or can get someone to do it for you?

If you just replaced your battery, less than One year, get it checked out from your battery supplier.

Any questions just ask.
    Battery life is all about the way it is treated.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spring.
    2014 RTL Platinum

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Depends On Season Where You Live

Your Spyder ryding season will be your best help. I am good to Go when temperatures are 50'F or higher.
    Soooooooo.......if your Spyder Ryding Season is only April to October.
    But if like my Spyder Ryding Season of All Year Around then GO For It Today.
    You NEED A Good Battery All the Time.

Good Luck on Your Mission. ........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue