Spyder Garage

Default ACS failure message - which connector is for compressor?

Add my 22 RTL with 1600 miles to the list of ACS failures. My wife and I were riding Saturday on a road with a few dips when "suspension failure" message popped up. I stopped, shut it off and it was gone...at least for a few miles down the road. Got back home and checked the sensor linkage, it was connected. It still had air in the bag. I bleed it off and then started, put in gear and released the p brake. Still no compressor. Checked all the fuses, none popped. I removed the rear seat and had a look nothing that I could tell was disconnected but couldn't tell which connector was for the compressor. I used a bicycle tire pump to pump in around 70psi and done the start, in gear ect ect. The air did bleed off to normal suspension height. Took it for a ten minute ride one up and no message. Now after my ramble... Where and which connector is for the compressor? I want to do a preliminary electrical check before taking it to the dealer. Will the nanny turn off the ACS if parameters are exceeded? Thanks in advance
    22 RTL Hyper Silver. BajaRon sway bar, Lamonster bar riser, belt tensioner and big brake pedal…more to come.

Spyder Garage

Hi George
    Sorry to read about your ACS failure.
    Just had the same thing happen to my 2012 RTS.
    All fuses and relays was ok, so fault had to be elsewhere.
    I decided to unscrew all the aft tupperware to get to the compressor and take it off the bike. Then hooked up 12 volts directly to the compressor and it almost twisted out of my hand, so there was life inside at least, but no air delivered.
    Then I unscrewed the endplate on the compressor and immediately saw the fault. The piston shaft inside the compressor unit that had fallen off the axle coming from the compressor motor. This axle has a flat side where the set screw is supposed to secure the piston shaft in position.
    I could not get to tighten the set screw as it was mounted in the proper position, but with a couple of tries I managed to make it fit tight enough so I could put it back on the axle with a little pressure.
    Also made a plate on my 3D printer with a 7 mm block in center on the inside and installed it between the compressor housing and the end plate. That will make it impossible for the shaft to fall off the axle again due to not enough space.

Not sure if the setup is the same on your 22 RTL, but hope you get it sorted anyhow! Safe rides

Also, here is a pic of my compressor location! (White x)

RTS compressor location.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:03 AM. Reason: picture uplaod, added info
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the insight.
    22 RTL Hyper Silver. BajaRon sway bar, Lamonster bar riser, belt tensioner and big brake pedal…more to come.

Spyder Garage

My pleasure George
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

There's a lever on the bike on the left hand side that possibly has not been connected it has happened many times The lever is 3" long black it connects to the leveling sensor

Spyder Garage

Already checked it, connected.

Spyder Garage

Hey George, as a first time Spyder owner, this is also my first post on this site. I was getting the same "suspension fault" message on my 2022 sea 2 sky except the compressor was running almost constantly. The dealership found a faulty check valve near the compressor. This may not be your problem since your compressor isn't running at all but from I've been reading, BRP has been having some problems with this system. Other than this one problem, the trike has been fantastic.