Spyder Garage

Default Now it's the parking brake

Now my parking brake won't release. I can't wait to get that multi-function switch replaced on the 27th.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Hey Greg, try pressing down on the brake while you release the parking brake. I do this every time I use the parking brake
    and have not had the parking brake fail yet in 2 years. Don’t know if that is the problem you are having but it is worth a try.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Partzman23 View Post
    Hey Greg, try pressing down on the brake while you release the parking brake. I do this every time I use the parking brake
    and have not had the parking brake fail yet in 2 years. Don’t know if that is the problem you are having but it is worth a try.
    I'll give that a try next week. I'll be out of town till then. Today, when it wouldn't release I put it in first and gave it a little throttle. No go. I shifted into Reverse and gave it a little throttle. No go. I shifted back into first and though the parking brake light kept flashing I was able to ride with no apparent problems. I drove to out storage shed to shelter the bike while we are gone. I'll see what happens next week. Thanks for the tip.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try shutting off the Spyder and removing the Key .... this will allow an immediate re-boot .... It has happened to me a few times after getting the " brake failure " warning .... ( because of low fluid ..... good luck .... Mike