Spyder Garage

Default Help Needed interfacing GPS & iWatch7 with 2020 RTL sound system?

Is anyone using a regular iPhoneSE tied to an iWatch7? Need some help on interfacing these with a '20 SpyderRTL sound system. Have installed BRP connect to the iPhone with latest upgrade.

Is it just plug and play to access the GPS?
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 08-12-2022 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Change from How to; to help with
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyrick View Post
    Is anyone using a regular iPhoneSE tied to an iWatch7? Need some help on interfacing these with a '20 SpyderRTL sound system. Have installed BRP connect to the iPhone with latest upgrade.

Is it just plug and play to access the GPS?
    Best of luck with that!

Sorry to be so unhelpful, but this is probably one of the most complained about things on the newer Spyders! The BRP 'integrated system' just doesn't/won't readily! . Altho that said, there are maybe 2 or possibly 3 people who post regularly here who say they find everything about BRP Connect/BRP Go easy & it works bewdifully, but the majority of poster's just don't have that experience; and most end up giving up in frustration & completely ignoring/stop trying to use the BRP integration system at all!

Maybe one of those who've had success could help?

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I don't know anything about I phones, but....I bought a blue tooth device from LaMonster that connected my Garmin GPS and my Android (for Sirius XM music) to the Aux input of the sterio. It was only $30.

Spyder Garage

Okay, the problem is solved. My daughter uploaded the latest version of BRP connect to the new iPhone. Then made sure the Spyder controls were set for Bluetooth output to speakers (not to helmet) and both music and GPS run through the Spyder speakers with no problem.

Remember this is a 2020 RTL.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Should have BRP Go app on phone. It has easy instructions but I think your daughter figured it out. Should have the headset only paired to the bike. There are many YouTube videos on how people are using it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red