Spyder Garage

Default What Stereo Options other than OEM set?

New to me 2016 F3-T with no OEM sound system. What are my options other then a $900 Canam set? I do have the Cardo/JBL setup for my modular helmet, I only wear it for long trips, also wish to avoid speakers mounted to handlebars (look tacky)

Appreciate input from the audiophiles out there

What would mount in speaker OEM location?
    2016 F3-T , Blk/Rd

Spyder Garage

I’ve become a big fan of streaming Bluetooth to my modular helmet from iPhone. Music choices are pretty limitless and sound quality is great without having to have it cranked up too loud.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Cardo pack talk bold sounds better than the RTL stereo

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jane1330 View Post
    New to me 2016 F3-T with no OEM sound system. What are my options other then a $900 Canam set? I do have the Cardo/JBL setup for my modular helmet, I only wear it for long trips, also wish to avoid speakers mounted to handlebars (look tacky)

From what I've read there are a few speaker options that can be mounted inside any helmet ( even the half helmet's ) ..... not having any speakers at all pretty much eliminates adding a stereo ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    From what I've read there are a few speaker options that can be mounted inside any helmet ( even the half helmet's ) ..... not having any speakers at all pretty much eliminates adding a stereo ..... good luck ... Mike
    Plus, the OEM "stereo" is pretty much garbage anyway. Best to stick with speakers in the helmet type of thing.
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    I’ve become a big fan of streaming Bluetooth to my modular helmet from iPhone. Music choices are pretty limitless and sound quality is great without having to have it cranked up too loud.
    I'm on a ride now, streaming music from my GPS to the Sena 20s headset. Worked well for 2-1/2 hours but then started breaking up and fading out. I think that streaming music is shortening battery life. Just a consideration
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jane1330 View Post

Blue tooth phone to your cardo and maybe try a set of blue tooth ear buds that you can keep in the trunk and put on when you don't have the cardo set with you.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Good insight, Yes, Cardo rocks, was looking for a Non helmet sound solution, ear buds may be an option...
    2016 F3-T , Blk/Rd

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    Plus, the OEM "stereo" is pretty much garbage anyway. Best to stick with speakers in the helmet type of thing.
    I beg to differ .... I have a 14 RT with the OEM stereo ( no separate AMP ) and swapped the 4 OEM speakers for 2 OHM JBL's and my system rocks ..... A simple upgrade to the speakers is possible until 2018 then BRP really screwed up the system ..... JMHO .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-11-2022 at 07:54 PM.