Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Need decent storage - F3S & roll my own luggage, or F3T?

I'll be doing some trips and wanted feedback on whether the F3T has decent saddlebags and storage, or should I save the additional cost and roll my own in terms of luggage.
    I searched and didn't find this specifically addressed.
    Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by staneric View Post
    should I save the additional cost and roll my own in terms of luggage.
    What do you mean by that? Either way, the question is kind of vague? The answer would depend on how much you carry/pack? A full sized helmet essentially takes up the right side saddlebag. The frunk can hold quite a bit, but again, that depends on what and how you're packing. The left side saddlebag can't fit a full size(unless it is really small).

There is a decent amount of storage, but extra storage options using the top case (or something similar) is always a plus.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Here's my take. I have a 2019 F3S. I also have detachable Shad side bags, Lamonster Pack Rack-80L top case. Both come off easy, so at the end of my trips, I can convert to sporty in minutes. I also have the Madstad shield, with both a dark gray 14" (everyday sporty) and 20" light gray (touring). That said, the F3S does have the 89t rear pulley. That alone adds about 500 rpms to your high speed rev range. At 80mph, I average upper 20's mpg fully luggaged. The T/L models have 79t rear pulley and windshield/luggage installed. IF I were to do it again, I'd buy the base F3 model, assuming it still has the 79t rear pulley. Buy the cruise control module from Can-Am for about $275. Add the Shad luggage kit (both sides fit my L modular helmet). Get a Madstad shield kit. Sport mode? I seldom use it. Suspension? I upgraded from stock anyways. Power? No big deal. Add a Pedal Commander for better throttle response. Need more? Get a ECU flash/PV3. My .02
    Last edited by troop; 08-11-2022 at 10:00 AM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can you put a gear bag like the momentum bag on the back of an F3 and secure it with Rok straps, or do you have to have a rack?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for answering my question Troop, much appreciated.

Spyder Garage

I have the First Gear Dry Pak bags in the 40ltr and 70ltr size. they fit nicely on the back seat with my back rest installed. I have Lamonster's bungee buttons and use two flat bungee cords to hold the bag in place. When I travel the frunk is used for jumper cables, tire repair kit, half cover, and first aid kit.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Tons of motorcycle specific bags on the market if you want to shop. Otherwise, put your clothes in a plastic bag for waterproofing, stuff it in whatever carryall bag or small luggage you have around the house and bungee it on your back seat using the passenger handles you have back there. I like the flat bungee's best. Experiment around your local riding area and by the time you get ready for a long ride you'll know what you want to carry, and how to pack it. Have fun with it. cheers.

I use one side bag for things I might want to get at in a hurry, like a rain suit. The other for cap, phone, wallet, glasses, small stuff. The front for bulky items like shoes, rain cover (an old shower curtain and spring clips work for me), extra clothes, etc.
    Last edited by ulflyer; 08-11-2022 at 07:06 PM.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The base F3 with Shad bags, ordering the cruise from BRP and a few other mods is probably the route for me.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    What do you mean by that? Either way, the question is kind of vague? The answer would depend on how much you carry/pack? A full sized helmet essentially takes up the right side saddlebag. The frunk can hold quite a bit, but again, that depends on what and how you're packing. The left side saddlebag can't fit a full size(unless it is really small).

There is a decent amount of storage, but extra storage options using the top case (or something similar) is always a plus.
    What you are referring to is only good for the RT. The saddle bags on the F3T are very small. They actually hold less than the shad bags. I have an earlier version of the F3T (2016) and a 2016 F3 Limited. They both have the larger sprocket, which allows for the better acceleration. I also like the additional protection from the weather on the F3T and the stereo. If I was getting a newer model, I would get the F3S, so I could get the larger rear sprocket. I believe the F3 base has the smaller sprocket.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just did this on my recent 5 day 2k Mile trip with my base f3 using a kemimoto 50l dry bag,an igloo cooler, and my cover with its tote bag. Here is the link to where I documented from beginning to end with what I bought as far as rain gear, tools,and baggage.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...99#post1636299
    The kemimoto kept everything dry and it held 5 days worth of clothes, my night bag with grooming essentials and meds, and a spare pair of boots. The revit pacific h2o one piece suit kept me dry, and rok straps kept everything secure while moving.

As an added bonus my Can am tote bag for the Cover doubles as a tote bag for all the personal stuff I needed to access during the trip from the frunk (rain gear, emergency tool kit,wallet, gloves, and vape pen) after I put the cover on to haul stuff to and from the hotel room.

I used a bike lock from walmart that fit through the drings on the bags to secure the bag as well as my helmet on the bag while going into stores / restaurants to the grab bars and backrest. I also used the lock to put through the back wheel/frame at night as a theft deterrent.

Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-12-2022 at 09:07 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by staneric View Post
    Can you put a gear bag like the momentum bag on the back of an F3 and secure it with Rok straps, or do you have to have a rack?
    I looked at the momentum bag as well as a couple of similar ones from several sites before I bought my kemimoto and it is not waterproof, they only give you a cover to put over it which keeps rain from coming in to the top and sides.

Across multiple sites with reviews multiple people have stated that water comes in through the bottom on those bags even with the cover on.

I went through several strong storms on almost every day of my trip with my kemimoto and everything stayed dry the whole time.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-12-2022 at 08:59 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

LTD IMHO. The rear case comes off in seconds, and you can put the flat cover on turning it back into the S Also can replace the trunk with a number of things.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    LTD IMHO. The rear case comes off in seconds, and you can put the flat cover on turning it back into the S Also can replace the trunk with a number of things.
    The Limited and the S are 2 very different beasts. The base and S don't have ANY bags, smaller (or non existent) windscreens, sportier but less "comfy" seats and no cruise control (at least on the base model....I don't know about the S). The T and the L (Limited) are very similar to each other. They both have slightly more substantial windscreens, cruise control, hard side bags and "full" gauges including BRPNo (sorry, BRPGo). The biggest differences between the T and L are the top case, heated seats and floorboards of the L over the T. I've never owned an F3 although if I ever buy another Spyder, I'd probably either get an S or a T as I don't do much/any overnighters. Not sure I care so much for the more elaborate gauge cluster as I tended to BT my phone directly to my helmet.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

May also consider something like PackitrackE9620417-0943-468F-924F-FA44A994B9AC.jpeg or JT’s NHR no hitch required
    https://spyderstore.com/index.php?ro...69&search=NHR+

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Those Ultimate floorboards are the best mod you can do for comfort. I have a set on my 2017 Daytona S
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

The S has cruise, specially stitched seat, Fox front shocks (on the 2017) and a slightly lower overall gearing thanks to a bigger rear sprocket.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Here's my take. I have a 2019 F3S. I also have detachable Shad side bags, Lamonster Pack Rack-80L top case. Both come off easy, so at the end of my trips, I can convert to sporty in minutes. I also have the Madstad shield, with both a dark gray 14" (everyday sporty) and 20" light gray (touring). That said, the F3S does have the 89t rear pulley. That alone adds about 500 rpms to your high speed rev range. At 80mph, I average upper 20's mpg fully luggaged. The T/L models have 79t rear pulley and windshield/luggage installed. IF I were to do it again, I'd buy the base F3 model, assuming it still has the 79t rear pulley. Buy the cruise control module from Can-Am for about $275. Add the Shad luggage kit (both sides fit my L modular helmet). Get a Madstad shield kit. Sport mode? I seldom use it. Suspension? I upgraded from stock anyways. Power? No big deal. Add a Pedal Commander for better throttle response. Need more? Get a ECU flash/PV3. My .02
    Please note the 2017 F3T has the larger 89T rear pulley.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

The best luggage system ever invented for any motorcycle, 2 or 3 wheels, is a sissy bar and a military duffel bag. Anything else is just for appearance, and probably won't hold as much luggage. Sometimes inconvenient, maybe, but the price is right, and you can use it as a backrest on long trips.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

DIY: Easy Brackets, Pelican Cases, IPS Tail Rack, Givi Trunk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    The best luggage system ever invented for any motorcycle, 2 or 3 wheels, is a sissy bar and a military duffel bag. Anything else is just for appearance, and probably won't hold as much luggage. Sometimes inconvenient, maybe, but the price is right, and you can use it as a backrest on long trips.
    +1 totally agree with the use of a duffle bag on the passenger seat. Easy to strap on and great as a backrest...
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack