Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Powervision vs VSS on Ryker - will it disable VSS?

Hi, I m wondering if the powervision 3 can disable the VSS to have more fun in curvy roads... I hate when it kicks in...

thanks
    Guy

Spyder Garage

Short answer - NO!

If you want to ryde one of these things, you'll just hafta learn to live with the Nanny - but you can learn to ride riiiight up to the limit & not quiite trigger any reaction from her!

And a 'proper' ECU Upgrade done by a skilled tuner & user of BRP's BUDS (maybe using a Megatech licence? ) juuust might be able to relax some of the Nanny's parameters for you to.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The problem I have is when I m approaching a curve and i slow down, the VSS brakes me causing wobbling especially when turning left... nothing on turning right... the cluster doesn't show any code and never been into limp mode...

the computer tells me nothing is wrong but why only on left and nothing on right...

Spyder Garage

That's not normal. I'd say you have a problem somewhere, yaw sensor, steering angle sensor, or worn or defective steering components. What year, how many miles?

I understand that you have no codes, but this may be one possible cause:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...81946-0001.pdf

Spyder Garage

If it was a Spyder, I'd think that the steering wasn't properly 'centered' at 'straight ahead' & the power steering is giving you grief as a result, cos the Nanny ALREADY thinks you're turning one way & you're fighting the PS to ryde straight ALL the time..... but Rykers don't have power steering, do they!!?

There again, maybe one of the Wheel Speed sensors is damaged/dodgy, or there's a damaged toothed reluctor ring (tone ring) that the sensors 'read' to determine wheel speed that's been bent/damaged or possibly the sensor has an incorrect 'flying height' above the ring - either of which means you've got one wheel that the Nanny thinks isn't turning at quite the same speed as the others under brakes &/or turning left, causing those earl but erroneous interventions....

But whatever way/cause, your Nanny is behaving incorrectly and UNSAFELY and this NEEDS to be ccorrected ASAP!

Is your Ryker still under warranty??!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-13-2022 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fightingbthe - fighting the ;-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    If it was a Spyder, I'd think that the steering wasn't properly 'centered' at 'straight ahead' & the power steering is giving you grief as a result, cos the Nanny ALREADY thinks you're turning one way & you're fighting the PS to ryde straight ALL the time..... but Rykers don't have power steering, do they!!?

Rykers do not have power steering, but do have a SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) as described in the service bulletin link that I posted.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-13-2022 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display