Spyder Garage

Default Lost tach function - OK on restart. Just part of the experience, or what?

I took the wife’s 2020 RTL out for a ride with my daughter today. We stopped and fueled up then got back on the road. I glanced down and the tach read 0 and the needle was not moving from the bottom of the gauge. Everything else was normal. No fault lights and the bike was running perfect. We found a parking lot and I shut the bike down and let everything shut down and I removed the key. Started it back up and all was back to normal. Tach worked just fine the rest of the day. We are new to the spyder world so I guess im wondering if these glitches are just part of the owner experience with these machines? Just thought it was an odd thing to happen.
    2020 RTL , Chalk metallic

Spyder Garage

Is lil odd, wouldn’t hurt double checking battery connections are clean &tight. Original battery, maybe take for load testing at auto parts shop.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Above is good suggestion. But....sometimes....the spyder will glitch just to show you who is in charge. Repeat performances mean look into it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had a similar problem like that about a year after I bought my Spyder. When I started the bike after a refueling stop the digital and analogue tachs were substantially different. After about an hour I stopped for a head call and water, and when I restarted they were back in synch and it has not happened again after many tens of thousands of miles.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S