Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am didn't get the memo I guess - 2023 Electric Motorcycles release....

Don't they ever consult us first?

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/08/08/...ard-hydrofoil/
    2014 RTL Platinum

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A Very Good Question

..YES, a very good question but I have learned that you will Never get a good answer.

Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

There's probably some gigantic undisclo$ed incentive to build these things that nobody wants. Sure as hell wouldn't be based on any credible evidence. You can pretty much reverse everything now to get the true picture.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Can't help but wonder what kind of range the street edition will have and how long a wait while charging. It seems to me that going green is going to make you add time to your scheduled trips (days not hours). Not really a touring feature. I'll stay with my fossil fuel Thank you.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So true Cobwebs, who buys these things? How will the builder brands make money? What am I missing in the common sense department?

Spyder Garage

A commuter two wheel motorcycle may very well have a useful place in their product range, as would an electric bike kept adjacent to nearby mountains and hills. It's also a place to start so we can eventually have the infrastructure to make electrical practical for riding several hundred miles in a day, and having the range and access to charging that currently exists for gasoline. This isn't for us, at least not yet, and at least for a while.

I have a home that runs on solar, and I pay very little for electricity. We can certainly make more of our energy clean, and they are working on batteries that will be better for the environment. None of this is going to be ideal in the early adoption range, or suitable for every owner, but I think it's a smart place to re-enter a market that where the buyers are aging out and where something newer like this could appeal to a younger audience.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    A commuter two wheel motorcycle may very well have a useful place in their product range, as would an electric bike kept adjacent to nearby mountains and hills. It's also a place to start so we can eventually have the infrastructure to make electrical practical for riding several hundred miles in a day, and having the range and access to charging that currently exists for gasoline. This isn't for us, at least not yet, and at least for a while.

I have a home that runs on solar, and I pay very little for electricity. We can certainly make more of our energy clean, and they are working on batteries that will be better for the environment. None of this is going to be ideal in the early adoption range, or suitable for every owner, but I think it's a smart place to re-enter a market that where the buyers are aging out and where something newer like this could appeal to a younger audience.
    You are being entirely too reasonable for this facetious thread.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You are being entirely too reasonable for this facetious thread.
    The moderators reached out to me as well. I promise it won't happen again.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

The moderators reached out to me as well. I promise it won't happen again.
    Aww, don't do that!

Pretty much all the same points I was going to make. I too have a solar home and autos. While these relatively short-range e-bikes aren't for me, I'm sure the tech will come along.
    2022 RT S2S
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newdave View Post
    Aww, don't do that!

Pretty much all the same points I was going to make. I too have a solar home and autos. While these relatively short-range e-bikes aren't for me, I'm sure the tech will come along.
    Short-range=greater control.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wondering how these smart meters will play out in the future in regards to power distribution and power shortages?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Wondering how these smart meters will play out in the future in regards to power distribution and power shortages?
    The future is definitely less knowable now than it was 2 decades ago!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

The issue isn't that electricity doesn't have a place, its that it is being forced upon us without the infrastructure first. Newsom it seems has reversed course about Diablo, which should have never been on the closure list to begin with. Europe knows that in order to supply the needed electricity, nuclear had to be the main source, since solar, wind, etc wont support all the usage. We need a few more nuclear plants in the US.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    The issue isn't that electricity doesn't have a place, its that it is being forced upon us without the infrastructure first. Newsom it seems has reversed course about Diablo, which should have never been on the closure list to begin with. Europe knows that in order to supply the needed electricity, nuclear had to be the main source, since solar, wind, etc wont support all the usage. We need a few more nuclear plants in the US.
    Name one issue that has been caused by the general populace.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Huh?

I think just about every issue facing humanity was caused by humanity. And Can-Am of course
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-10-2022 at 06:49 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

CA has only one nuclear power plant that provides less than 10% of CAs power, wind and solar provides more than 22% of CAs power, Gas about 37%, and so on.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Huh?

I think just about every issue facing humanity was caused by humanity. And Can-Am of course
    And WHO told you that.
    Last edited by Cobwebs; 08-10-2022 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And WHO told you that.
    Nobody had to tell me that. I believe we are each responsible for our own actions and collectively as a society.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Nobody had to tell me that. I believe we are each responsible for our own actions and collectively as a society.
    Based on information from.........
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Based on information from.........
    That's the way I was brought up.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Green is not Green! We are doomed to have them rammed up our ##### wither we want the or not.
    2010 RT
    2015 Ural
    1980 & 1982 R65 BMW
    1975 R90/6 BMW
    1956 Triumph TR3A

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Donbmw View Post
    Green is not Green! We are doomed to have them rammed up our ##### wither we want the or not.
    Huh? What? Are we still talking about Can-Am developing electric motorcycles?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am electric motorcycles in 2023

I’m not sure if this was posted already.

No mention of an electric Spyder though

https://ir.brp.com/news-releases/new...lectric-lineup
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

I am not saying the general populace has caused any issue, and I feel that gas and electricity have their place. One shouldn't completely replace the other. Case in point, I drive a ton of miles for work and an EV wouldn't work for my type of driving so I use a gas powered car. Plus, EV cars are $$$. I have an EV lawn mower and recycle when I can.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Default U g l y ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I am not saying the general populace has caused any issue, and I feel that gas and electricity have their place. One shouldn't completely replace the other. Case in point, I drive a ton of miles for work and an EV wouldn't work for my type of driving so I use a gas powered car. Plus, EV cars are $$$. I have an EV lawn mower and recycle when I can.
    I am in the same boat. I am in IT and cover the province of NS here in Canada. I am constantly on the road 24/7. Pre-pandemic I always had 1 or 2 months a year where I have put over 10k km on the car, not every single year but certainly in the last 5 years prior. I've gone through a lot of cars over the years (35 years in IT).

I have electric lawn equipment - no gas, pool is heated by solar, lighting and electronics in the garage are all solar and same with the house. We do what we can.

When it comes to cars (and bikes) it's has to be gas for us all the way until the time comes where they can be charged in minutes and have at least a 800km range AND are able to be rapidly charged at gas stations. That being said, we have a pretty good infrastructure going on here in NS for electric car charging.

BUT, when I see some of these UGLY A$$ designs of electric bikes I have to ask WHY? If they want to sell them, don't make them look that butt ugly! I would never buy one... not because their electric but because they are just so visually unappealing!!

Tim
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!