Spyder Garage

Default F-3 Ltd radio - any affordable replacements?

I have owned my F-3 for 2 years now and I enjoy the ride and like all aspects of it except one. I absolutely hate the preset radio and i am wondering if there isn't some kind of affordable replacement. Why BRP thought having presets on a bike you are going around the country on is beyond me as most FM's only have a range of 50 miles , so you are out of range of all the presets in an hour. Anyone have a solution ? ( I bought a new iPhone and now the blue tooth won't work either, the phone keeps telling me to reset on the bike and there doesn't seem to be anything to do so.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-08-2022 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question + phne - phone %-)

Spyder Garage

Did you change the output on Spyder audio to bluetooth output? I play all music thru my phone, as I have alot of songs on it, I also turn auto volume off on the Spyder audio... My radio sucks, and has low volume when using aux output with MP3 player; 1/2 - 2/3 volume is usually loud enough for me when using my phone via bluetooth...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-08-2022 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's %-)
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Appreciate your response and yes I have followed all the instructions for Bluetooth, had no problems with my older phone but this newer IPhone SE and the Spyder don't seem to like each other. The phone says for me to go to the Spyder for the final connection but there doesn't seem to be a place to do that ... forgive my lack of knowledge .. it's pretty aggravating !!

Spyder Garage

I use a Iphone and subscribe to XM radio. Bluetoothed to the bike speakers. Listen to about anything you want anyplace on the road. Use the map app too.

Spyder Garage

My gripe is the reception range on the radio: very limited! But I've found that a search for signals usually pulls in a station or more for a while. I don't fool with the pre-sets that much.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

thanks

Spyder Garage

I have an iPod Nano connected via USB to the system. Works like a charm and appears on the display too, audio feeds in through USB. I have several thousand or so tracks in one playlist so it seems to play forever. If I don't want a particular track I skip to the next. The only trouble I've had is when it gets to the end of the playlist it stops dead. So next time I pull up somewhere, I restart the playlist or select another.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands