Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Are there any Spyder dealers or mechanics in Hawaii/large island???

Wife needs to move due to medical (residual long term Covid issues) issues. We are considering the big island @ Hawaii. I am retired.
    Need to get to lower altitude and away from forest fire smoke and contamination…Right now we are in Carson City, Nevada. Air quality here is marginal at best.
    My question, and this is a serious inquiry, are there any Spyder dealers or mechanics on the big island??
    I’m a decent auto tinkerer.
    If no resident Spyder mechanics I may have to get BUDS and muddle thru repairs in my own.
    TIA.
    Last edited by Haze; 08-04-2022 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Content clarification
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

you know thats a BIG cost of living you would be moving to. Can double mainland costs on most things. All you would have to do is dodge the active volcano lava bombs. Well, not really unless the have active lava shots up in air. But the volcano is constantly pushing out lava somewhere. You would be safer on north and west coasts.
    Been on big island as a tourist only, even Oahu has no Spyder dealers, so doubt big island has any either. Been to Oahu twice. There has been a spyder rider in need of help who was from Oahu.
    You would be better off finding wide open stretches of land on mainland, vs big island, even packing household items, and a vehicle and spyder will rob your finances
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You might try doing a search here for Hawaii spyder or something like that. Last I knew there were no dealers there and there was one guy that did some work on Spyders on the side from his home. I remember seeing that posted here some time ago, the person said the Spyder dealer closed and there were now no dealers or place to get parts.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

And people come from Hawaii to the mainland for medical care because it is not that great in Hawaii. Have you considered the southeast United States?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

As mentioned above, Hawaii is one of the most expensive places to live. I would recommend checking out NW Arkansas. We moved here from Alaska three years ago. I bought a brand new home for 1/2 what I sold my home in AK for. Our gas is currently down to $3.69. There are Spyder dealers in both AR, and MO. Lamonster is 75 miles north of us.

The roads are scenic and quiet in our part of the state.

I have been to Hawaii three times. Big Island of Hawaii, Kauai, Maui, and Oahu. They get small real quick when it comes to riding around. Homes are very, very, expensive for not much in sq. ft. A home comparable to ours would cost close to a million in HI. I paid less than $200K here.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-05-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default No Dealer

...So Sorry, but the short answer is 'no'.

About the health issue, I recommend going to Tennessee or Arkansas.

Good Luck. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Oh Dave----- Sad to hear you and your wife might be moving. Nova had a friend in a similar situation, and they moved to Oregon ( costal). BattleBorn Spyders is looking at loss of a good man.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I and my family lived for four years on Oahu. Granted it was in the mid to late sixties, but it was expensive as all get out then and is worse now. We've been back a number of times and it is a great place to visit but that's it, visit.

IMO, if your reason is for moving is your bride's health, that's your mission, find the place at lower altitude that has the best possible medical care. Screw the Spyder and everything else. She only lives once.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all who replied. I appreciate the input.
    No final decision has been made yet.
    Will be making a recon trip in the next couple of months.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack