Spyder Garage

Default Are there any 1-up seats for the RT-S

Looking to be able to change riding position now and then. Will not be taking a passenger.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Drgw, I don't believe we've seen any 'solo seat conversions' for the RT's on the Forum - yet!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with .

But hafta ask, what year is your RT?

(BTW, it helps if you add your ride info or a link to your Spyder Garage entry to your Signature Line so it displays down the bottom of each post as courtesy to others. Drop me a PM if you have any difficulties adding it via Settings up in the Top RH Corner of the screen & /or in getting it to show up after you've logged out then come back in again. )
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-04-2022 at 04:44 PM. Reason: BTW, & we've... %-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

As an old fart who's about 6'3" with a BRP Comfort Seat on my Spyder, I can't imagine what advantage a "solo" seat would do for me. If you look at the Spyder from either side it is intuitively obvious that the seat profile going rearward from the lumbar support of the Comfort Seat would reduce the thickness of the seat, wipe out the very comfortable and adjustable driver backrest, would increase the distance from my shoulders to the grips of the Tri-Axis bars, thereby necessitating a mid-ride stop to readjust the bars. All in all it would be a fruitless attempt to spit shine a t**d, which we all know can't be done. If one had a custom made seat that did not have reduced thickness as the rider moved rearward, all it would do is move the dude higher on his perch with all of the aforementioned problems. Highway pegs would be a cheaper, more successful solution.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I see your point. The highway pegs I have looked at (pictures) so far, it seems they just spread your legs out more, without an appreciable length gain. Of course, there may be some out there yet. Right now I sit on the backrest for awhile to ease the pain.
    2016 RT-S SE6 White
    5000 miles

Spyder Garage

If your Spyder still has them (btw, thanks for the Model/yr info! ) you might find it easier to swap the ryder's foot pegs for foot boards, even the OE boards give you a little more range to move your feet around & get into a 'more comfortable for you' ryding position, but there are even longer a/mkt boards on offer - Lamonster Garage has a few different types. That's been one of the big gains most have noticed with the latest model/style changes for the RT's - the new 2020+ body shape has longer foot boards allowing for even more range of movement & therefore increased inherent comfort for the ryder!

There again, for RT's with the same body shape as yours & mine, the optional 'Comfort Seat' that you can get for your 2016 RT moves that Lumbar support hump & the backrest mount/hole on the ryder's section of the seat back an extra 2" to give the ryder more room (reducing the seat length available for the pillion proportionally); there's a range of a/mkt seats out there from relatively reasonable prices (cheaper than the OE 'Comfort Seat' option) thru to some pretty swish but expensive offerings; the Tri-Axis Handlebars allow adjustment of the bars in 3 axes to ease any stretched out or cramped feeling you might be feeling; and there's Highway pegs that will allow your legs & feet to stretch out further forwards directly ahead of the foot boards too - some that reinforce the top of the black splash guard; others that allow you to mount the 'foot peg' bit sticking 'out' or swap it so that they're sticking 'in' & not so wide.... lotsa scope for making the seating/ryding position more comfortable!

Dunno if any of that helps a lot, but it's gotta be food for thought, duzznit??

Cheers m
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the ideas.
    2016 RT-S SE6 White
    5000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drgw222 View Post
    I see your point. The highway pegs I have looked at (pictures) so far, it seems they just spread your legs out more, without an appreciable length gain. Of course, there may be some out there yet. Right now I sit on the backrest for awhile to ease the pain.
    I do not like highway pegs for just the reason you mentioned. I learned to grip the tank with my knees when I first learned to ride and especially racing. I still grab the seat with my knees, particularly in the twisties.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Floating highway pegs (boards)

You can look at the "floating highway pegs " that CanAmSpyderAccessories.com has. I have a set on my 17 RTL and they allow you to stretch out your legs without spreading your legs apart farther. They set in front of the foot boards and on top of the black splash guards. Could be what you are looking for.

https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...y=Highway+pegs
    Last edited by Partzman23; 08-04-2022 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Add link
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Yes, that looks like more what I had in mind. Thanks!
    2016 RT-S SE6 White
    5000 miles

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

For now, I decided to just sit on the backrest for awhile to stretch my legs.
    2016 RT-S SE6 White
    5000 miles

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drgw222 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

For now, I decided to just sit on the backrest for awhile to stretch my legs.
    Well possibly you could adapt a newer RT seat ( which is a two piece type ) to your frame ( which is the same ).... but it's not going to be cheap .... good luck .... Mike