Spyder Garage

Default Why is the black finish coming off my muffler? Any Feedback?

I was wondering why the black finish was coming off the muffler on my 2010 RTS? I guess it's burning off when it gets hot. It doesn't look too good! Has anyone else had this problem? I would like to repaint it but it would take some seriously high temperature paint. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2022 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question - added caps & spaces... ;-)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RKS-RTS-10 View Post
    I was wondering why the black finish was coming off the muffler on my 2010 RTS? I guess it's burning off when it gets hot. It doesn't look too good! Has anyone else had this problem? I would like to repaint it but it would take some seriously high temperature paint. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks.
    That happens to everyone, just go to your friendly helpful hardware man and buy some Hi Temp. Black BBQ paint. It works great and will only cost about $8.00
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2022 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display & removed extra CR ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    That happens to everyone, just go to your friendly helpful hardware man and buy some Hi Temp. Black BBQ paint. It works great and will only cost about $8.00
    Yes...... or Black Header Paint for automotive exhausts. It is pretty tough paint and made for that very thing!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-05-2022 at 02:28 AM. Reason: ' 's %-)
    2011 RTS Spyder